X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RBD
    Predictem Feature Writer
    • Aug 2024

NBA 2024/25

What - it's the first day of the NBA season and you thought I wouldn't have action?
    Hardly.
    Especially since I have a system in play.

For the NBA this season I'm charting two methods for sides and three for totals.
    For charting/posting purposes I'll refer to the sides as WF1, WF2, and the Totals as T1, T2, and T3 .

It will take a few weeks to collect data and see where I can find value so, admittedly, today's pick is more of a risk than normal plays, but like I said, it's opening day, so . . .

I have conflicting systems tonight. T1 says take the LAL game Under, T3 says take it Over.
    So, with no games played yet and no data accumulated on any of these methods, how do I choose which way to go tonight?
    History.
    One of the benefits of having years of data accumulated on my methods is I can look back at charts from past seasons and see what usually works and what doesn't.
    The only drawback is that what works one year may/may not work the next year(s).
    But with years of data across all sports I have a general idea of which methods usually work better than others.
    And T3 has a history of not doing well on Overs.
    Which points me towards . . .

Min/LAL Un

Not much relevance, but I wondered if teams started slow or fast out of the gates last opening day. Like this year, two games on day one, both stayed Un.
    LAL were one of the 4 teams playing.
    Day 2, 6-6 Ov/Un (Min game stayed Un.)
    Like I said, not much relevance but there's the #'s in case anyone was wondering.

When to buy recommendation:
    Baskets are much more difficult to predict line movements than football, the lines are more volatile.
    This one opened at 224, dropped to 220, and is now rising again. The current common # is 221 (221' at our sponsor Bookmaker.)
    I expect late $ from Joe Public to keep it rising (Joe LOVES Favs and Overs) so I'll wait to buy this one, hoping it continues to go up.
    I'll post the# I get when I buy it.

Good luck to all of you this NBA season!

Update #1: 222/223 now showing up, waiting was the correct move. Still waiting, thinking it gets back t the opening, will add an update when I buy.

Update/Buy Notice: Still one or two 223 out there but the WAN is 222' so that's what I'll use here. Buying now as some 222' are starting to show extra juice on the Un.

Min/LAL Un 222', -110
    Last edited by RBD; Today, 05:14 PM.
Working...