X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Sunday 8/26

ytd 458-462 (+45.07 units)

Twins +175

How can the crappy Orioles draw a line like this? Bring on that Orioles pen baby :beerbang:

Pirates +148

WTF? Houston has lost 6 of 7 and can't score for ****, while the Pirates have won 12 of 17 and 8 of their last 9 and are scoring just fine. I know Armas sucks and Wendy is good at home. So what. Pittsburgh beat up Wendy twice this year already, they're the hotter (and better) team, and this line is bad as hell.

Nats +130

A team starting Elmer Dessens favored?

LA Dodgers +160

Maine is giving up on average a run an inning. That is not good. How does that earn his team -170 status? David Wells isn't THAT bad, and he actually has had great success over the Mets throughout his career, is known as a big game pitcher, and has something to prove today IMO after being cut by the Padres. Dodgers have the pen advantage as well. I'm not even convinced the Mets should be favored here, let alone at -170. Horrible.

2 units each

Might have a few more yet. Still need to look into a few more of these and see if I think they're worth a play....

:thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

GL! I agree on some of those fav lines....those are some crazy lines there....although I believe the Mets line is about right....we'll disagree on that one...I really thought I might wake up to a Wells fade near -200....anyway.....GL with the rest!!
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 08-26-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
        ytd 458-462 (+45.07 units)

Twins +175

How can the crappy Orioles draw a line like this? Bring on that Orioles pen baby :beerbang:

Pirates +148

WTF? Houston has lost 6 of 7 and can't score for ****, while the Pirates have won 12 of 17 and 8 of their last 9 and are scoring just fine. I know Armas sucks and Wendy is good at home. So what. Pittsburgh beat up Wendy twice this year already, they're the hotter (and better) team, and this line is bad as hell.

Nats +130

A team starting Elmer Dessens favored?

LA Dodgers +160

Maine is giving up on average a run an inning. That is not good. How does that earn his team -170 status? David Wells isn't THAT bad, and he actually has had great success over the Mets throughout his career, is known as a big game pitcher, and has something to prove today IMO after being cut by the Padres. Dodgers have the pen advantage as well. I'm not even convinced the Mets should be favored here, let alone at -170. Horrible.

2 units each

Might have a few more yet. Still need to look into a few more of these and see if I think they're worth a play....
        These rightups crack me up. You use a lot of my logic and I like your plays....but I dont like Minny today... I think Bedard is the best pitcher in the AL maybe the majors.... 1.06 WHIP and .210 BAA.
        Go Boilers!
        Thru 9/2

14-11 +6.18 units

5* 1-0
        4* 0-2
        3* 8-7
        2* 3-1
        2H 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
          These rightups crack me up. You use a lot of my logic and I like your plays....but I dont like Minny today... I think Bedard is the best pitcher in the AL maybe the majors.... 1.06 WHIP and .210 BAA.
          LOL....I just try to be real when doing write ups. I mean spitting out so and so has an XXX ERA or this other guy is hitting .400 vs a certain pitcher doesn't really mean all that much to me. Sure, it's nice to have those things in your favor, but there are so many other reasons to make plays. i mean look at the Orioles. They just suck. The morale in that clubhouse has to be SO low right now ever since that 30 run beating Texas put on em Wed night too. I find it hard to believe they have a 2/1 shot of beating the Bad News Bears right now, let alone the maybe not spectacular, but always solid Twins.

Bedard is one player. He's very good, but even a decent start by his standards is going to probably equal an Orioles loss right now. Why? Because their bullpen is putrid and 9 times out of 10 is going to blow any small lead they might have. An average to poor start, and forget it. The O's have about no chance unless they're gonna put up double digits, cause you know their pen is likely going to give up that many. Bedard would have to be flat out dominant and pretty much go the distance for them to win IMO, and at +175, I'll certainly take my chances that he isn't.

Losing the Pittsburgh game is going to be very disgusting here by the way. Pittsburgh's pen has been so solid, and all i wanted was a tie or a lead when Armas was taken out, which I had, and then the pen blew it. My point is, I don't think there's anyone who would take HOU at -158 over Pittsburgh today if they knew they'd be trailing by 1 run in the bottom of the 8th....I capped the game right on, and the ****ers blew it anyway.
          Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I got bit on Pitts as well. I never agree with so many pitching changes by the way. 4 pitchers in 2 innings is ridiculous. They were never in any serious trouble to warrant this.

I'm with you on the Dodgers, but I got it at a bunk line (+145).

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
              I got bit on Pitts as well. I never agree with so many pitching changes by the way. 4 pitchers in 2 innings is ridiculous. They were never in any serious trouble to warrant this.

I'm with you on the Dodgers, but I got it at a bunk line (+145).
              I never liked that changing pitchers nearly every batter just because the numbers say so either. Dusty Baker and Felipe Alou were both famous for that, and I think it cost their teams more often than it helped. Oddly enough, neither one is any longer managing either. All it takes is one guy to come in that doesn't have his good stuff that day, and it's pretty much all over with.

Comment

Well, the LAD winner makes the PIT loser hurt a little less at least :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                X