***Hack up the Course Sunday***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Hack up the Course Sunday***

4-8 -5.82 yesterday, thankfully NFLX treated me well. Gonna throw myself back into the lion's den 1 more time......

Twinkies+170

Screwers+136

Dodgers+156

2 units each

Twins- Sets up to be a pretty big public play on the O's, IMO. They have their rock-solid ace on the mound (1.03 WHIP & likely the Cy Young winner, IMO), looking to avoid the sweep. Hell, the O's have won in his last 12 starts, & the Twins can't score. Oh well allow me to retort! (Pulp Fiction reference) Baker has a 1.32 WHIP & 4.94 road eraI just don't see how you can lay -180 with the O's given their recent performances. They have lost 5 straight, Twins have won 4 in a row. Bedard faced the Twins once this year & allowed 6er off 10 hitds in 4.2 ip. He's 0-4 lifetime vs them... throw in that horror of a bullpen & you got me biting on the dog. Thought about the RL, but at -130 I just don't like the risk----> reward of it.

Brewers- IMO Lincecum is getting a bit too much respect here. I know he's a good young arm, but he has still allowed 12 er in 19 ip in his last 3 starts. In 2 starts vs. Mil, he's allowed 6 er in 12 ip. That wouldn't be enough for me to bite on the Brewers, but this looks like a solid situational play. The Brew Crew need to win this game & grab a bit of momentum, as they are 1.5 back from 1st, & following with a 4 game series vs the Cubs. Prince is back in the lineup, so hopefully he can generate enough offense to get the W. Bush hasn't been great on the road, but is capable of pitching well- not to mention he's facing a Giants offense who can go in the toilet at any moment.

Dodgers- Wells 1st start, Maine has allowed 18er in 18.2 ip in his last 4 starts. Last time he faced the Dodgers, he allowed 4 er in 5.2 ip. This play is stupid, but I hate playing just 2 games, so Maine fade it is....

Games I left off & will be pissed if they come in....

Pirates+144

Nats+127

Royals+130

There ya have it, my thoughts on this silly sport. Off to a golf tournament today, I'm god-awful but the beers are cold, it's 68 & sunny, & I have a chance at a $20,000 hole in one...

alright so 2 out of three ain't bad:thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

The Dodgers play is far from stupid. The only thing stupid there is that Maine is a -170 fave over anyone with the way he's pitched lately. I'll be on LAD with ya....

I'll be on the Twins too. The Orioles suck and should never, i repeat NEVER, be a -180 or -190 fave, especially considering how pathetic that bullpen is. By far the worst in baseball. Could you imagine having a couple units on the O's at -190, Bedard goes 7 solid, the O's lead 3-1, and Danys Baez appears to take the hill? Or Chad Bradford? Or any of those other fools they have out there? Yikes. It's sucky enough when I have them at +150 at that happens...

GL, and I like the Nats and Pirates too. May be on all 4 of those :beerbang:

Comment

Thanks Stif...glad to see you like them as well. Really want to play those 3 as well, but the way things have been going I have cut it to 3. This Wandy is so good at home thing is getting a little old. He has a 5.83 era in August, & is 0-2 vs the Pirates. In those 2 starts he allowed 7 er in 12 ip. Armas is scary on the road, but again he's playind an offense that can be pretty anemic. Hopefully you cash em in:thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

You got it, Wendy has been pathetic since the ASB.

His at home numbers were a product of a hot stretch IMO, and I agree, it's getting a bit old. He got jacked by the Nats in his last home start, and Pittsburgh has hit him around twice this season already. The Buckos own Houston this year (as does just about everyone else), and how Houston, whom I consider to be the worst team in the NL, can be this big of a fave over a team as hot as the Pirates, or anyone else, is mind boggling to me.

Who is laying these numbers today? -190 for the Orioles? -158 for the anemic Astros? -140 for Elmer Dessens? I mean really, everyone is all over the A's too as a -160 road fave, but at least they're getting a good pitcher with Haren, a decent team with the A's, and a respectable bullpen to back him....so at least I can see where people are coming from with that pick. I'd love to hear how anyone could justify a play on some of these others....

Comment

Gl, Ud!

Comment

BOL UD:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
            X