Nigel's 1 Time MLB Homer Play....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's 1 Time MLB Homer Play....

Well, I don't play the bases....but I'm going to go ahead and post one play for today...and today only. Its a homer play, but it also seems to make a little sense...I stress a "little" sense.

Cincinnati Reds -115 v. Marlins -- 2 units

Belisle hasn't pitched well lately for the Reds...but the Reds are 7-3 in their last 10 and after being 13 1/2 games out of first, now find themselves 8 1/2 behind the Cubs. The Reds have the best record in the NL Central (not saying much) since the All Star Break. Being a Homer here, but if the Reds had a mediocre bullpen, I think they'd be right in the hunt. They're bullpen has blown so many games this year, its scary. On the flipside, the Marlins are 1-9 in their last 10 and not playing well.

At any rate, the main reason for the pick.....the Reds will be retiring the number of one of my all time favorite Cincinnati Reds tonight at Great American Ballpark. The man who revolutionized playing shortstop in the Astroturf era...the man who invented the "turf hop" throw from deep shortstop. One of the most underappreciated players I know of because he played on the same team with Perez, Morgan, Rose, Foster, Griffey and Bench.

The Reds will be retiring Davey Concepcion's jersey tonight. And while he is not a household name, he was a fan favorite in Cincinnati for many, many years. Members of the Big Red Machine will be in the ballpark tonight to honor Davey. I think there will be a very good crowd on hand tonight.

Think the Redlegs pull out a win to honor No. 13 in front of a large crowd.

GL!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

GL Nigel, looks good :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

nigel- GL!......DaveyC was the man...nice guy too...met him wheni was a rugrat.....
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
      X