Someone please explain to me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please explain to me

What constitutes a save? Littleton gets a save for Texas in a game that he pitches the last 3 innings. The score was 14-3 when he came in. Please help me.

A true save situation is 3 runs or less.

I don't know about tonights "save" though.

Comment

The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such pitcher meets all four of the following conditions: (1) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team; (2) He is not the winning pitcher; (3) He is credited with at least a third of an inning pitched; and (4) He satisfies one of the following conditions: (a) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches at least one inning; (b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batters he faces); or (c) He pitches for at least three innings.

Comment

Yeah...it's sort of the quirky part of a save....when a pitcher ends the game pitching 3 innings or more, he gets the save regardless of the score....I really think that rule should be scratched, so only relatively close games have a save.

Texas sweeps the DH :beer2:

Comment

I actually knew that, but still

:nuts:

Comment

Thx Vic:beerbang:

Comment

whats up Larry :beerbang:

ready for another exciting season of Detroit Lions football

GL to your Wolverines, getting tired of FF and his little chimes, its like a little bird that got eaten by a "gator" (twice) but won't quit chirping LOL
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post

GL to your Wolverines, getting tired of tortillatech not ever doing anything and having to sport this loser avatar. it's like why does my school suck complete ass and have the worst looking chicks in Texas. Why couldn't i be a longhorn, or heck, Rice has better looking chicks than tacotech.....
                :beerbang:....dang skippy Q......
                Last edited by FlyersFan; 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  :beerbang:....dang skippy Q......
                  LOL I'll forgive your shallow statements because you just dont know.

Sure one day we will hit 10 wins in a year and you will see me go streaking!
                  until then, we do what we need to do in a state that constantly gets its talents pilfered by the likes of OU, Texas, and LSU. We do fine.

as for the girls statement, I'll let this go because you have obviously never been down to LBK or College Station, its basically Mardi Gras vs. a Goat Farm respectively. Literally.

You want the latest trends in STDs, come down to Lubbock,

you want ticks, lyme disease and a touch of rare rabies from goats, come down to College Station. (bleating good time!)

LOL (sorry Bigbag12, no offense)

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post

as for the girls statement, I'll let this go because you have obviously never been down to LBK or College Station, its basically Mardi Gras vs. a Goat Farm respectively. Literally.

You want the latest trends in STDs, come down to Lubbock,

you want ticks, lyme disease and a touch of rare rabies from goats, come down to College Station. (bleating good time!)

I thought Texas was in Austin and Rice was in Houston...who mentioned college station.....:dunno: .....lol...notice you immediately compared your school to TXAM......i have to honestly say i have never been envious of one guy in a TXAM crowd shot who was kissing his chick.....you'd be better off high fiving your date and kissing the dude next to you there (sorry bb12...lol...man somehow AM got pounded in this thread out of nowhere)...........

just giving you some **** Q.....:beerbang: ......tacotech....:blackeye:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                      I thought Texas was in Austin and Rice was in Houston...who mentioned college station.....:dunno: .....lol...notice you immediately compared your school to TXAM......i have to honestly say i have never been envious of one guy in a TXAM crowd shot who was kissing his chick.....you'd be better off high fiving your date and kissing the dude next to you there (sorry bb12...lol...man somehow AM got pounded in this thread out of nowhere)...........

just giving you some **** Q.....:beerbang: ......tacotech....:blackeye:
                      LOL just covering my ass in case I go to Texas for grad school. I just completely scanned over when you mentioned Rice. If I was that smart/rich to go to a private school, no need to be gambling on sports.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Baylor has to have some nasty chicks i am guessing...

Comment

Working...
                        X