Ridiculous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous

Carlos Zambrano signs a contract extension (5 years 91.5 million)

Thats 18.3 per year folks.

Baseball is turning into a joke. Aint nobody in any sport worth that much, especially Carlos.

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

Baseball is turning into a joke. Aint nobody in any sport worth that much, especially Carlos.

Well, it's either pony up the benjamins or let him walk away let Maddux and have a HOF career w/someone else.
    But yeah Kev, I agree that baseball is really getting closer and closer to a dangerous spot w/salaries spiraling out of control. I don't know if a salary cap is the way to go, but something must be done/someone must step in and stop the madness.
    Personally (and obviously players/and the Union I guess would NEVER go for this), but I think there should be a base salary for everyone, at least all the veterans (and another contract for rookies/young players) and all other $ would have to be earned based on performance. It could be set where top players still could make top $, but all the FA signing busts and injured bums (ie Mike Hampton) wouldn't be making $10-15 million/yr to rehab/stay in extended spring training/get shuttled around the minors on rehab assignments.
    Just my two cents.

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

:beerbang: No f'n way!!!!!!!!!!! Give that boy, a decent salary, if he dont like it, send that boy packin' ...:fire:

Comment

he got his 5yr extension... Probably been partying his ass off since... now he goes primetime, and should be laid back... STL goin' for the sweepbuster tonight....:beerbang:

Comment

money...money

this ends when the cash dries up...meaning, everyone who pays the tab stops paying!! it is market driven, he's worth what the market can bear. I agree salaries are outrageous, but, there are record crowds showing up, tv ratings are up, and the teams are flush with cash...unless this was a bargaining year with the union. Then everyone on the owners side would be shedding tears of sorrow about how the game is in danger. JMO, but baseball is hot right now. And there are a lot of teams with a shot at the playoffs this year, I just don't see it coming to an end until the well is dry. Expect to pay upwards of $250-300 for a couple of seats, without the outrageous brew costs to enjoy the game at the stadium. And TV costs will soar, meaning cable or satellite prices will climb. We all pay on the backside. And when we've had enough, it will end.
          YTD
          CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
          Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
          BOWLS
          Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
          O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
          ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
          RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
          NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
          SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
          O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
          ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)
          2H's: 8-9(-0.65 U'S)
          RESULTS:(-7.67 U's)
          CBB'09-'10 season(as of 1/9)
          SIDES: 109-101-4(-.25 U's)
          O/U'S: 28-16(+6.50 U's)
          ML's 2-3 (+0.2 U's)
          RESULTS:(+6.45 U's)

"I WANT THEIRS!!" fitter, on new health care program

Comment

the worst part is that most of these spoiled pricks don't do any good with the money.
            :bang: 1 unit = 100 CAD

NCAAF
            14-19 -1115

NFL
            4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
            1-1 0

NHL
            3-5 -175

Comment

Originally posted by fitter View Post
              this ends when the cash dries up...meaning, everyone who pays the tab stops paying!! it is market driven, he's worth what the market can bear. I agree salaries are outrageous, but, there are record crowds showing up, tv ratings are up, and the teams are flush with cash...unless this was a bargaining year with the union. Then everyone on the owners side would be shedding tears of sorrow about how the game is in danger. JMO, but baseball is hot right now. And there are a lot of teams with a shot at the playoffs this year, I just don't see it coming to an end until the well is dry. Expect to pay upwards of $250-300 for a couple of seats, without the outrageous brew costs to enjoy the game at the stadium. And TV costs will soar, meaning cable or satellite prices will climb. We all pay on the backside. And when we've had enough, it will end.
              Who in the hell, goes to these games???? I dont even watch that sport... boring as hell IMO...I bet on bases, and I see the standings, the teams seem to have evened out more this year (W-L's across the board), but that dont make me anymore interested in watching a game!!!!!

zambrano has CCsabathia fired up now....Send him packin', and move on:beer2:

Comment

Working...
              X