Pow's Picks: 8-13-07

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pow's Picks: 8-13-07

well, this looks like a pretty easy pick for me...

san francisco is BOUND to win one of these games with cain and lowry going for a W, right? they just got swept AT HOME by these guys and statistically speaking, going 0-5 against the same team in 5 straight games is a virtual impossibility (crosses fingers).. couple that with the fact that the giants are 3-9 over their last 12, they're due for a win regardless...

with that said, im laying 10 units (a dime) on the first game of the double header and if i lose it, im chasing with 20 units (2 dimes) to cover the first game plus to make a dime... i'll be treating these bets are a separate bet aside from my usual pick "system"..

for the normal plays im eyeing the la dodgers... the dodgers need to get back in the race after playing abysmally on this road trip, oswalt is away from home, and the line looks a little "too good to be true".. billingsley has been a man lately, but the damn dodgers offense has given him what, 2 runs of support over his last three losses?! this will be a welcome home game for the dodgers, who will finally give billingsley the win they've blown him.. he's due

betting a nickel for what i deem as a GREAT value are the baltimore orioles... guthrie has pitched well against the yanks AND he is 5-0 while playing on the road this season... the yanks are due for a loss (hopefully) and at +210 right now with the public going "all in" for the pinstripes, i HAVE to take the orioles out of sheer principle...

finally, im going with the blue jays for my "middle game" (if you've followed my pics before, which im sure .00001% of you have LOL)... remember, im only taking this game if my early game favorite is up by 2 runs or more by the start of this one...

SO, in a nutshell, i have:

4:05pm: San Fran (game 1)
    if they lose the first game then i will be chasing with:
    7:35pm: San Fran (game 2)

6:05pm: Orioles
    7:10pm: Toronto
    9:10pm: Dodgers

good luck to everyone!

GL! :thumbs:

Comment

Love the Jays and Doggers too bro....you are agin the Mitt in game one of Giants game, but probably good for you since he's on a 1-0 hot streak picking them.....LOL:beerbang: GL
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

adding:

6:05pm: Bosox

Comment

wow... i didnt think that a team could be THAT bad...

for the 2nd game tonight, im definitely laying off the giants as they are the WORST team i've seen in a very very very long time (and im not just saying that because they're going to probably cost me a dime+juice)...

wow

Comment

Working...
          X