Da Coach's 8/12 MLB Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Coach's 8/12 MLB Picks

Went 4-2 yesterday, but both losses were 2 of my 3 bigger plays and only was +0.5 units or so (that damn pud whack Lidge - hit the trifecta w/him yesterday though: lost bet, screwed my Cubs, and jobbed one of my fantasy teams :nuts: ). Anyways, let's hope this most glorious of Sundays is good to me (and all of us).

Plays:
    San Diego -148 (2 Units) - When I saw Peavy for under -150, I felt compelled for a few reasons. He has been dominant against Cincy in his career, has gotten back into his groove w/Bard again catching him, and should be able to outduel Arroyo.
    San Diego/Cincinnati UNDER 8 1/2 (1 Unit) - As mentioned above, Peavy has been dealing lately since returning to pitching to Bard (as opposed to Barrett). Also, Arroyo has been pitching pretty well as of lately and should limit the Pads weak lineup to a few runs. I see a 4-2 type of game (or at least I hope).
    Chicago Cubs -122 (1 Unit) - Don't like betting for or against my teams but figure my Cubs are in a good spot here. Koyie Hill should be getting the start today and he and Marshall have a nice repoire together. As long as he can keep his pitches down in the zone, he should be able to limit the Rox enough to let the Cubs bats come back today and get some rips against good old Timmy Harikkala.

GL to all today! :thumbs: Prolly will add a few yet.

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V
Working...
X