X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Friday 8/3

ytd 392-395 (+45.97 units)

Florida -102

Houston just sucks. Worst road team in the NL @ 19-36, and possibly the worst team in MLB period. Only TB has a worse road record, and at least they play some teams worth mentioning in their division. So Houston actually beat up on the ****ty Jo Jo Reyes last night and won a road game. Big freakin deal. The guy blows, and they still gave up 11 runs in the process of getting that win.

IMO the extra innings game they played last night hurts their chances tonight because any decent guys they have in that bullpen (which isn't many) won't be fresh.

Then there's Oswalt....the sole reason this line isn't -150 or more like it should be. However, he is 3-5 with an ERA of about 6 on the road (compared to 7-1 and 2.30 ERA at home). He sucks on the road too.

Offensively there's not even a comparison between these two teams, and Oswalt's road record and stats sure as hell aren't worth a damn, so why this low line?

Admittedly, Florida isn't the world's best home team, and Willis hasn't been the same this year as in previous seasons, but I'll back him and the Fish as a dog against the road ****ty Astros and road ****ty Oswalt.

This line is a joke.

Houston/Florida over 8.5 -120

See above, plus I'm pretty sure Houston isn't gonna get shut out.

Pirates -135

The Reds are going nowhere but in a major downward spiral. Must be tough to play in a situation like that when you're a veteran stuck in a going nowhere situation. At least the Pirates try to win, and they have the numbers advantage here too. It's pretty safe to say the Pirates will see nothing but ****ty pitchers for the full game, while Snell is a good pitcher, even if he has struggled a bit since returning from injury, and the Pirates do have a few decent guys out there in the pen to back him with.

Fading the horrible Reds and the pathetic Belisle is, IMO, the only sensible thing to do here in this spot.

Phillies +144

Gallardo has been good, hence the -154 line here for the Brewers. SFG, KC, CHC, PIT, WSH, COL, ARI, CIN and STL. Pick a winner. That's who Gallardo has faced. Not much offensive firepower there with the exception of maybe COL and/or CHC. Also keep in mind that his start vs CHC was in June, prior to them getting hot in July. Lets see how he fares against a team that can hit.

Then add in that the Brewers, who overachieved their asses off in the first half, are fading like a ton of bricks.

Phils are the better team, and Kendrick has done pretty well for them since coming up from AA.

A very live dog here IMO.

Twins -130

Cleveland is not playing so hot lately, and Sabathia hasn't exactly dominated opposing offenses in recent times either. Getting Santana and the far better bullpen at home and laying only -130 against a team not playing to potential is a steal IMO. I didn't even look any farther. I'll just take my chances.

Seattle -102

The M's have won 5 of their last 6, and they have taken 9 of the last 11 from Boston. They are great at home (36-20), and Lester is making only his 2nd start since coming back to pitching duties. Seattle hits lefties well, and while I'm not relying on Ramirez to win this one for me, I don't necessarily like the way Boston has been playing lately, so his chances for success are much greater tonight than earlier in the season when Boston rocked him in Fenway in his only other appearance against them. If i had to rate my plays (which I don't) this one would rate the weakest of the 6....if that matters to anyone, for the sole reason that I don't trust Ramirez all that much.

2 units each

May have more yet. Wanna watch the lines.
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 08-03-2007, 03:26 PM.

Simliar card today... GL Stif

Comment

gl tonight stiff

couldnt agree more with your writeups on the phills, m's, and twins...i will be all over all 3 of those games, I also think this will be an emotional game for the twins with santana's comments and the whole situation that is going on in Minnestota...lets get em tonight bud
      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Well, i obviously this is "everything go opposite than expected judging by the entire rest of the season" night....and next time I lay -135 with the ******* ****ty Pirates, someone please punch me in the eye. Like this :blackeye:

One more:

SF Giants +115

2 units

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
          and next time I lay -135 with the ******* ****ty Pirates, someone please punch me in the eye. Like this :blackeye:

:beerbang: ..................................:blackeye:

it aint over stiffy.....Todd Coffey will be in at some point.....
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Well, i obviously this is "everything go opposite than expected judging by the entire rest of the season" night....and next time I lay -135 with the ******* ****ty Pirates, someone please punch me in the eye. Like this :blackeye:
            I'm right there with you LoL. I've felt like this every day playing the Nats this week, but hell at least they won. I think I'm done with the Pirates. That being said they will win by 4 tomorrow when everyone jumps on harang :nuts:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              I'm right there with you LoL. I've felt like this every day playing the Nats this week, but hell at least they won. I think I'm done with the Pirates. That being said they will win by 4 tomorrow when everyone jumps on harang :nuts:
              harang isn't pitching tomorrow.....it's livingston and then arroyo on sunday...both on short rest.....but LMAO.....arroyo hasn't really done anything but toss on the side in 10 days ......:beerbang:

Comment

why do you keep bettin' against the tribe???? back at the top again!

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post

thirsty parrott.....:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                    thirsty parrott.....:beerbang:

:beerbang: :toast: :guzzle:

Comment

SF Giants +115

2 units

3 run tater to top it all off...............:blackeye:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                        It's been profitable. They were 4-8 last 12 before yesterday, and playing like complete **** IMO judging from watching their games.

Comment

It's been profitable. They were 4-8 last 12 before yesterday, and playing like complete **** IMO judging from watching their games.
                          :th: I understand... the tribe needs to get their **** together, if they want to make a run for the playoffs... I dont bet on the tribe unless, I catch them in a "sweepbuster" situation, or I catch them as a dog... They haven't been doin' that bad, it just seems when the pitchin' is on, the hittin' is off, and vise-versa... Their lucky to have been stinkin' up the joint, and end up in 1st. This may be a turnin' point for them... GL Stif..:beerbang:

Comment

Royals are like my ex. one big tease! LOL
                            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                            X