Why Baseball Stats are Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Baseball Stats are Dumb

Olly Perez gives up 2 singles then tosses the ball away comitting a huge error which allowed a run to score. He gets 2 outs (and since the 2nd out should have been the 3rd out) and then gives up 4 more runs.......yet gets tagged for ZERO ER today. Hmmm.....guy gives up 2 hits, then makes a huge error himself, then gives up a couple taters and leaves the mound giving up 5 runs in an inning with nobody to blame but himself, but his ERA is 0.00 for the day. Stats lie......
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
      :beerbang:
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Comment

Ain't that the truth. Holds true across all sports really. As in football for example. If any given team plays in a division with all solid defenses, then yea, they're not like gonna have huge offensive numbers, so people just automatically say their offense sucks, when really it's many of their opposing defenses being good.

As far as baseball goes, I don't understand why, that if a starter leaves the game with a guy on first and 2 out, then the reliever comes in and gives up a dinger to the next guy, the run from the guy on first gets charged to the starter. He allowed the guy to reach base, not score....

Comment

Oh yea, another thing that annoys me is when a closer (or any reliever for that matter) comes in and gives up a bunch of runs and blows the lead, then his team gets it back in the bottom of the inning or the next inning, he gets credited with a win, despite giving up 3 or 4 runs in like an inning of work.

Just what did he do to win the game?

Dumb

Comment

Everyone knows the two biggest things wrong about Major League baseball are

1. the Cincinnati Reds and

2. the Yankees payroll

The Reds should be in the minors and be replaced by the Ohio State Buckeyes who are probably getting paid better than the Yanks.

No offense to Reds fans....just busting FF. :beerbang:
              Go Boilers!
              Thru 9/2

14-11 +6.18 units

5* 1-0
              4* 0-2
              3* 8-7
              2* 3-1
              2H 2-1

Comment

WHIP & OBP

I don't care about ERA and BA