AT&T Park in San Fran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Park in San Fran

So does tonights HR Derby favor LH or RH????

339 to Left
    364 to Left Center
    399 to Center
    421 to Right Center
    309 to Right

Right is 30ft shorter the left (favors LH)...but LC is 57ft shorter the RC (favors RH)

I think the Lefties won't be shooting for the 309....they will be shooting for Covey Cove (I am not real sure how far that is).
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

i was just doing the same number crunching myself JB. i think you have to look at the gaps more so than straight down the line. it just seems that in years past the majority of the hrs are hit to the gaps. i guess that by my logic it would favor RH hitters. IMO Pujols wins this but wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Howard defend his title. i'll throw in Morneau as my sleeper...
    MLB '09 YTD (9-1-0) +11.36 Units

Comment

Much like Howard last year, it will be Fielder's coming out party this year, IMO. Morneau would be my sleeper too...nice fluid stroke.

Comment

I dont wanna get into heavy analysis of the hr derby so im throwin my money behind 2 of my favorites. The local kid Morneau who has the sweet stroke and Vladdy daddy just cause he's Vlad. Plus he's got to make up for his 2000 showing where he only sent 2 out of the park. +652 on morneau and + 801 on vlad. 1 unit each
        Last edited by flmmkrz; 07-09-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Much like Howard last year, it will be Fielder's coming out party this year, IMO. Morneau would be my sleeper too...nice fluid stroke.

Hey JML>......does Rios have any chance?
          +1050 or whatever seems like good odds for a RH hitter.

The odds overall pretty much suck....don't know if I will even stab this year or not.
          If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

AT&T park favors RH hitters as far as home runs go. Right Center (aka triples alley) is almost impossible to hit it out of....under game play anyway. Yeah, they'll hit some out in the derby there more than likely, but it easily favors RH hitters as far as the long ball goes.

Remember, down the line in right is shorter distance wise, but the wall is super high in right and right center, unlike in left and left center where it's more "normal" sized.

Comment

Oh, and McCovey cove is right down the line in right, not anywhere near that huge 400 some foot distance in right center....

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                Hey JML>......does Rios have any chance?
                +1050 or whatever seems like good odds for a RH hitter.

The odds overall pretty much suck....don't know if I will even stab this year or not.
                Well ****....I figured lefties had the best chance, and went with two of 'em! LOL. I looked at the dimensions, and the left field 309 seems to extend a far way to the left before it gets to that weird nook that is 421. Who knows...just seemed if one of those lefties could get on a "pull" run, there seems to be alot of room over there that is under 320 (all the way to the red sign in the pic).

AT&T Park

As for Rios....I'd say he does, especcially if you guys think that righties have the advantage. Heard an interview on the fan today, and a Jays coach said Rios is a machine in batting practice....hitting them out with ease better than anyone on the team....which is saying alot when you consider the team employs Thomas, Glaus, Wells & Stairs.
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 07-09-2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                  Remember, down the line in right is shorter distance wise, but the wall is super high in right and right center, unlike in left and left center where it's more "normal" sized.
                  But I think they take the wall height into account when listing the distance....so the 309 would include the taller wall...which would actually make the distance to the wall a crazy 284.

LOL...would this be considered parkology?

Comment

Well ****....I figured lefties had the best chance, and went with two of 'em! LOL. I looked at the dimensions, and the left field 309 seems to extend a far way to the left before it gets to that weird nook that is 421, which looks almost centre to me. Who knows...just seemed if one of those lefties could get on a "pull" run, there seems to be alot of room over there that is under 320.

AT&T Park

As for Rios....I'd say he does, especcially if you guys think that righties have the advantage. Heard an interview on the fan today, and a Jays coach said Rios is a machine in batting practice....hitting them out with ease better than anyone on the team....which is saying alot when you consider the team employs Thomas, Glaus, Wells & Stairs.
                    thats some interesting info jml, might be worth taking a flyer on him at those odds + 1400 on pinny right now.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                      thats some interesting info jml, might be worth taking a flyer on him at those odds + 1400 on pinny right now.
                      1400? wow....I might have to take him on principle....he'll probably pull a Jason Bay though....When Bay tanked, he said it's a totally different thing doing BP, and doing it in front of a full stadium on the fly...

Comment

But I think they take the wall height into account when listing the distance....so the 309 would include the taller wall...which would actually make the distance to the wall a crazy 284.

LOL...would this be considered parkology?
                        The distance is to the base of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                          The distance is to the base of the wall.
                          Thanks Nittany!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf
                            That scares me a little. But his first time in the Derby...so much pressure...I can't really see him getting out of round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                              That scares me a little. But his first time in the Derby...so much pressure...I can't really see him getting out of round 1.
                              You're probably right...that's why he is +1400...

Comment

Working...
                              X