Wednesday MLB Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday MLB Picks

New member here. Always loved sports and analyzing teams and players, started capping this year. Rough first month of MLB season, pretty good last few weeks, have mostly been playing totals. Will start my YTD here at 0-0 per forum rules. I'll offer some analysis with my plays and I welcome any feedback or thoughts to the contrary!

Taking:

D-Backs at Rockies OVER 10.5 (-113).

I played over 10.5 with David Hale vs the Astros at Coors last week, and will do so again here vs the D-Backs. Granted, the D-Backs don't have quite the same pop, but Hale has allowed a homer every 4 innings at Coors and AZ has a fairly strong offense. Adding to that, the Col bullpen is miserable at home. On the other side, Webster didn't look quite MLB-ready in his start last Thurs vs the Angels, and I think that will get exposed by a Colorado offense that has swung the bats well the last few games. Finally, over is 7-2 in the last 9 games between the two teams at Colorado.

Padres at Giants UNDER 7 (-106).

The Giants' offense has been miserable at home, esp. of late. I don't see them breaking out vs. Kennedy, who has been improving and has good #s lifetime at AT&T. Additionally, Nori Aoki is out. On the other side, Vogelsong has been tough at home, and he is facing a Padres offense that has been fairly cold. The SD pen concerns me a bit, but I think Kennedy can go deep enough to get it to Benoit and Kimbrel and avoid their shaky middle relief. Lastly, under is 22-12 at SF this year.

Good luck!
Working...
X