June 2nd bases with flmmkrz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2nd bases with flmmkrz

Good god I don't even wanna think about the mess that was today. I haven't had a day go south on me like this all season so I guess I was due but oh man I don't want to see another one in a long time.

Not following the games that are remaining and just putting the day behind me and focusing on tommorrows games...

Houston - 135 to win 1 unit

Sampsons quietly put together a hell of a season, his win losses don't show it cause his teams a joke but virtually everytime out he keeps his team in games. He's been a monster at home with a 2.32 era. This ones also a day game and he's been stellar during day games. He doesn't have an extensive history vs the cards but managed to keep everybody aside from Kennedy in check. If Kennedy is the big threat I'll take my chances. Rolen also left the game with an injury so that another solid bat down. The cards line up is decent vs right handers but they struggle on the road and during the day. Wells goes for the Cards and he's been a gascan all season long. He's got a 5.11 lifetime vs the stros and the line up is full of guys who have hit him very well. He's been a bad road pitcher thru his career and has never been a good day game pitcher. The stros are anemic vs everybody on offense but this is as hittable as a pitcher gets for them so they should be able to get Sampson enough help to get the W here.

Padres - 163 to win 1 unit

Last I looked the nats had the lead in this one but that was early in, win or loss I can't see the nats getting to another Pads starter. Germano has nasty stuff and the nats as a team are only hitting .237 vs righties and are less productive at home than they are on the road. Since he hasn't faced the nats before he should have the decided edge early in this game. Speigner has been a mess since leaving the bullpen and while the pads bats aren't formidable they are a better road hitting squad and against this favorable match up should be the side able to produce. Left handed bats are tearing Speigner apart and the pads can throw 5 + at him. I was burned with chalk today but again this ones undervalued so Im not going to back off my research cause of one bad day when the rest of the years been successful.

Chisox + 100 x 1 unit

Contreras is another one who is quietly putting up good numbers tho his win losses say otherwise. The sox don't get him a lot of runs and good outing turn into losses for Jose. He does have good career numbers vs the jays. His toughest out would be left handers and while the jays have 4, they either havent faced him or haven't had much success vs him. He's been a much better pitcher on the road this year. He was shelled in his last outing and his history has shown that he tends to rebound strongly. McGowans a bit of an unknown entity for the chisox but they are a smart team that'll make the youngster work. Patient teams have gotten to him this season, he did hold the yanks to virtually nothing but he caught the yanks at their coldest. I see good value here.

Bosox - 132 to win 2 units

Last I checked wake was handing out hits and walks like someone would give candy to a trick or treater, it was 9-3 last I looked so I am writing it off as a loss. Both these teams know each others pitchers well and the 2 guys going in this one have been around forever so there won't be any surprises. I don't believe the sox will get swept this series so I will double up my play till they win as simple as that in this one. Not a capping play just a play on the better team not to be swept this series. If the sox pull the comeback I'll buy this play out but yeah right lol.

Oakland - 130 to win 1 unit

I don't know if the trend in these games is underrespected pitchers but Blanton despite a couple rocky straight starts has been fairly reliable and effective this season. He's far more effective at home and while his career numbers vs the twinks isn't great it is skewed as most of the games were played in the dome.He did register a win when facing them at home. He's shown a tendency to struggle vs lefty bats and the best of the bunch in Morneau doesn't have great numbers vs him tho they are solid. Silvas splits have been simply Ervin Santanaesque in the difference between home and road starts this year and the trends held up thru his career. The A's bats are a joke but the line up is full of guys who have hit Silva and given his road performances they should be able to provide enough offense for Blanton.

Angels - 126 to win 1 unit

Saunders started off the year in great fashion and is another in the line of good home performers for the angels. His era is a full point lower at home than it is on the road. He hasn't faced the O's as yet so the edge should go to him over the O's bats. The o's are good vs lefties but as a lineup they are less effective on the road and given the edge of not having faced them he should be able to pitch with a lead if his mates can help him out. Trachsel starts for the o's and he's not a great road pitcher and tends to fair better against line ups that will chase his stuff. The angels have some impatient bats but their most impatient is no question their best. The Angels are great at home and very good vs right handed pitching. The halos haven't seen a lot of Trachsel but those that have, have pounded on him, Vlad and Cabrera both have ridiculous numbers vs him. Vladdy daddy is the cog of this offence so if he is this good vs Trachsel the rest of the line up should feed off Vlads success.

GL everyone:beerbang:
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 06-02-2007, 11:08 AM.

upon a slight readjustment of my numbers the stros are no longer a play for me, I bought it out. I am adding however

Detroit + 139 to win 1 unit
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 06-02-2007, 02:04 AM.

Comment

again, I dig the write ups. seem well researched and on point. GL today.

Comment

wow, looks like the chisox were cruising and then 8 runs in the last 2 innings to lose. Fawk Mike McDougal and Aashole or whatever his name is. Not the start to the day I was hoping for.

Comment

SOLID! as usual... :beerbang:
          “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
          1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

thanks DD, was hoping for a nice rebound day after yesterday

Detroit WIN + 1.39 units
            Angels WIN + 1 unit
            Oakland WIN + 1 unit
            BoSox WIN + 2 units
            ChiSox LOSS - 1 unit
            Pads WIN + 1 unit

should've kept my play on the stros alive as they won too but no play on that for me.

5-1, + 5.39 units

Comment

Working...
            X