4/28s game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/28s game

Yesterday was good to us with Atlanta easily winning at San Diego 7-0. todays games have alot of high moneyline numbers so I am looking at going with Arizona (-115) today. Chicago had been in 40 degree weather for much of their last homestand also having two games postponed because of the conditions. so moving to 85 degree weather may take a toll. The Diamondbacks are fresh off wins VS Oswalt and Lee

Dempster is 2-7 career against Arizona with a 6.00 ERA and took the loss on April 6th
    Has given up 58 runs in 82 innings including 11 HRs
    Parra and Drew are both hitting .500 against Dempster
    Chris Young has 6HRs and 15 RBIs at home this season

So today were taking Arizona (-115)

Good luck all

I was considering that over as well. Another point that you left out was Barry Enright wasn't the starting pitcher in those DBack wins and he kind of sucks. He got by with smoke and mirrors last season and is being exposed for the hittable soft tosser he is. Allowing almost 2 batters per inning is not good. He may be a nice guy but he shouldn't be pitching in the big leagues.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

yes I saw that as well but for a veteren like Dempster to have a 7.63 ERA and a 1.63 WHIP plus a career losing record in April. I chose to go with that and hope Enright can pitch a decent game.

Comment

While it is true he does have a losing career April record that was piled up early in his career and a 1-4 record while a closer. In the last 3 years since he went back to starting he is 7-2 in April with an ERA under 4. I would argue that the last 3 years is way more relevant that something he did as a closer or 6+ years ago when he was a different pitcher.

I'm not advocating for the Cubs but if someone is going to use your information to make a play I like to see that they are looking at a little more complete picture.

I also think hoping that hoping that Enright pitches better with no track record of getting people out other than luck while Dempster has a proven track record of success and would seem to warrant being a choice to turn things around is a little interesting. I guess if Dempster was -160 that would be a great stab in the dark but having to play Enright as a favorite doesn't seem to be a long range money making proposition.

I guess I'll need to put my money where my mouth is on the over. I think they both get shelled but I will be shocked if Enright doesn't give up atleast 4 runs.
        MLB
        May
        Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
        Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
        Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
        Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
        Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Nice call on dumpster sucking. He couldn't do much worse.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
          X