Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

Nice day yesterday but was expecting better. Once again the totals were a lot better to me than the sides. So of course I have more sides than totals today.

SF/Pitt First 5 over

Wind blowing out, two mediocre flyball pitchers. Even though there will likely be no Posey I still like both offenses. I am going with first 5 to stay away from two bullpens that are pretty decent IMO. Both teams have also scored a few more runs in the last games of series to this point. I'll add the line when it's available but I am thinking 4' -125.

Seattle +105 2 Units

Michael Pineda vs Brad Penny. Brad Penny sucks and there is no way he is throwing back to back gems. Pineda throws gas and has dominated better offenses than Detroit. Tasty matchup for him as well since Leyland will probably throw a bench player or two in the middle of the order to rest his starters.

Toronto +145 4 Units

Morrow was pretty good in his last start except for 2 HR balls. He stuff was excellent and he appeared to be up to speed after getting a couple of rehab starts. I would expect more of the same against Texas. Texas has struggled when facing RH power pitchers with similar stuff to Morrow (Felix, Pineda, Verlander, Weaver to some extent) guys who run it up in the mid to upper 90's with their fastball. I feel the Texas lineup has several guys who can't catch up to that heat and have to guess. Pineda dominated them until a defensive misplay and I don't see why Morrow can't have the same success with his great stuff. Ogando has been great but I think his effectiveness could be affected by his 114 pitch outing last start. He is on 4 days rest for the first time and off an outing of 22 more pitches than his highest previous outing. With Toronto swinging a bunch of hot bats this week I think this is a golden opportunity with the pitching mismatch. I would be shocked if Ogando is pitching effectively in the 6th inning and the Texas pen has throw a bunch of innings the last few days and they aren't that effective as a group.

KC/Cleve over 8' -115 3 Units

Carmona gets hit by the KC lineup, Davies sucks, wind blowing out. I don't think it takes a lot more analysis than that. KC should get atleast 3 and Cleveland should be putting up a couple of crooked numbers.

Boston -1' -115 3 Units

Lester has never lost to Baltimore and always pitches great. Bergesen sucks. I hate Boston and I hate betting on them but this is an absolute mismatch. Boston is susceptible to good pitching and LHP, Bergesen is neither of those. Maybe even the $142 million dollar man will get a base hit or score a run today. Although he doesn't get as many AB's when he's hitting out of the 8 hole, Welcome to Boston Carl!! I kept hearing on the radio that Baltimore plays Boston tough, yes that's true when they are sending, you know, a good pitcher to the hill. The Matusz's, Britton's, Guthrie's of the world are a wee level or 3 above Bergesen who strikes out a whopping 4.5 guys per nine. No miss bats, no go deep in game, no keep ball in park. And I just noticed there is a slight breeze to the power alley in left tonight, look for Gonzalez to put one in the bullpen.

glta
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Even better than I thought

SF/Pitt over 4' -115 3 Units
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I love Michael Pineda...This guy is a beast if you haven't seen him pitch. He is bigger than a young CC and throws a such a downhill plane it's nasty. He's throws hard (upper 90's) and pounds the zone unlike most young pitchers. Even without going over 100 pitches he is able to get very deep in the game. The Mariners have a real tag team for the future with him and Felix and although I'm not impressed with their young bats they don't need a lot of offense around those two to get real competitive real fast.

I would also like to thank Lyle Overbay who is possibly on the take. If it wasn't for his dropped foul pop up that a little leaguer could have caught and his poor decision on a bunt play I wouldn't be able to circle that winner in the top of the 3rd. Thanks Lyle! I'm glad your in the lineup for your strong defense.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

thanks lyle!

Thanks Franchise!

great way to start the day!

Comment

Money where mouth is play

Cubs/Dbacks over 10 2 Units

I should have played my lean to this in the morning when it was 9' -115. I expect Enright to give up atleast 4 runs and I have a feeling where this is the type of game where there are runs scored in a lot of innings, by both teams. The DBacks have a deeper lineup but the Cubs are facing the inferior starting pitcher. Let's see them both circling the bases.
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
          X