X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday

A couple of thoughts today

SF -125 2 Units

I am looking to back Baumgartner in this matchup since while I like the stuff that the first 3 starters for SD bring to the table I need to see more velocity from Harang before I get behind him. He velocity was down in spring training and although they have a very capable pen this will likely be a close game with less than 9 runs. I like the Giants to get 2-3 early runs off Harang and that should be enough for the Giants to hold on. I also like the Giants offense and was a little surprised they didn't put up more offense in LA, although LA did get some very good pitching performances. I don't think the Giants pitching holds up health wise over the long haul but I think this is a good spot for them to get things started.

If this was -135 I would definitely have stayed away from the matchup and this line is probably about as high as I would go.

Bos/Cle

I would be fading Beckett but Tomlin is pretty brutal. And with the wind blowing in and a cold night I don't want to mess around with this total.

NYM/Philly over 8 4 Units

Mets offense has been decent, Phils offense has been hitting the ball well for now. The wind will be blowing out to right about 18 mph, Chris Young is on the hill, Cole had a poor spring and the Mets have decent track records against him. And neither team has a lights out pen. A lot to like here.

Seattle +150 2 Units

I like Pineda, I like how he matches up against Texas (I think the type of pitcher they will struggle with is RH power) he can blow away a few of their hitters purely because they can't hit the hard stuff. As long as he works carefully to Hamilton I like his chances to limit the damage. As for Ogando I don't expect him to get deep in the game and once you get to the Rangers bullpen it's time to start circling the bases. With Figgins and Bradley hitting the ball like they are capable of the M's lineup is really pretty decent. They give them a legit top 3 in their lineup that they didn't have last year.

Also considered plays on Pitt/Stl under but McDonald is limited on pitches tonight, Florida - I didn't know Marquis was still in the league. Am still considering some things on the Braves/Brewers.

Also adding

Dbacks/Cubs over 9' +100 3 Units

Tailing a little of Badger's thinking and although I don't think Enright is clearly the better pitcher and he could easily be exposed since he is so dependent on fly ball outs. Also he has a little reverse platoon situation with his numbers from last season so the mostly RH Cubs lineup might work out pretty well. As for Castner I would like to see him produce before he garners this much line respect. Seems a little steep although I don't have faith in Enright. I don't expect either pitcher to get out here with less than 3 runs allowed. I have also lost every Cub over I played so far so I should probably keep upping the units until I hit one. They have to go over again at some point.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Like to see you on Pineda, but wish you would have backed Tomlin over a fade of Beckett!

Good luck on that Cubs over. I like it!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I don't think your wrong on Cleveland, I just don't want to put my money in Tomlin's hands. I think tonight is setup for the "Jubilation Parlay" but I will be staying away from both sides.

Jubilation Parlay - Yankees by multiple runs, Red Sox lose.

Super Jubilation Parlay - Jubilation Parlay + Phillies loss
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Ever bet those jubilation parlays? Sounds like that would be awesome if they win.

PS - I'd really like the Twins to get off the bottom vs the Yankees. Gah.
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I do on occasion.

Personally I think tonight is an awful matchup for the Twins. I think tomorrow is much more realistic opportunity. Duensing is an awful matchup since the worst pitcher to throw against the Yankees is a LH, flyball pitcher with limited strike out ability in Yankee Stadium. Their offense is in gear right now and they have CC facing a mostly LH dominated lineup. I'm confused to see Minnesota advantage other than they are due (which they will still be tomorrow with a RHP on the mound vs a RH Garcia).
          MLB
          May
          Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
          Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
          Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
          Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
          Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...
          X