X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening day mlb

0-0

Natinals +130

Not sure why all the love for the braves/Lowe as such a sizeable road chalk. Historical numbers don't support it and livan somehow still manages to be somewhat effective with his junk balls, which could very well be aided today by guys not really having their timing totally down yet.

I like their chances today more than the odds indicate.

I agree with you here. I preferred the under because I like Atl's pen better but I think Livan has a chance to pitch an excellent game.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

I love the nationals today but with the 1.5 -137 great pice here ! easy money ! I think this is going to be the best game of the day ! Nationals @ Home I love it :beerbang:

GL :thumbs:

Comment

adding:

Brewers 1st 5 innings -105

2 units

I like what I feel is a pitching mismatch here. I have never been a fan of Volquez and other than a nice run 2 or 3 seasons ago, he's never really been that good consistently. He's wild and I don't trust him. He has often been worse at home than on the road too, likely because he's made to pay for his wildness more in his smallish home park.

At least Gallardo is a legit top of the rotation guy.

A much better shot of volquez being blown up than gallardo, imo.

1st 5 because I think a reds late comeback is more likely than a Brewers one.

Comment

Back to Back jacks to start it....you were right on point with that assessment...good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Yea, good start for the Brew Crew. Hopefully Gallardo can hold out another inning here for me.

Too bad the stupid Natinals can't score. Getting blanked at home on opening day is not good.

adding:

Royals +135
            Padres +1.5 -140

2 units each

I'm not sure what to expect out of the Angels this year, but I do think the Royals will definitely be up for this one, while it's just probably another opening day for the veteran laden Angels. It's an opening day with a whole lot of young players who had a solid preseason for the Royals though, and I feel like they are a team with some early confidence and something to prove out of the gate, and I expect a quality effort out of them today. They may be a team to go against often again as this year rolls on because of that youth, but I think it could work to their advantage today.

Weaver probably has little to go on with some of these guys too, and may not know exactly how to pitch them.

I see much value in going against just about anyone who is priced in the -200 range on opening day....definitely when I can do it with a team who always has solid pitching....but especially when it's against what will probably amount to an average Cardinals club this year. I assume this line is so high because of Carpenter and the anticipated lack of offense of SD due to the departure of Adrian Gonzalez. But I highly doubt Carp is going past the 6th here so early in the season, and I think SD is another team who will be looking to prove themselves earl and should give a scrappy performance here.

That combined with a very serviceable starter in Stauffer, their normally outstanding bullpen and what seems like an inflated line is enough for me today. I expect a lower scoring close game here that could go either way, which is why I took the +1.5.

Comment

I think you would be surprised to know that the Angels have players that have similar or less experience than the Royals with the exception of Wells, Hunter and Abreu who I don't think most people would contest their effort.
              MLB
              May
              Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
              Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
              Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
              Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
              Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Nice call on Milwaukee.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Thanks....and lol @ the brewers pen

Royals had their chances and it looks like the Angels pen is gonna suck again to start the season though and I know I won't be looking to back them as big road chalk until they can show a little more out of that pen than they did today.

2-2 even so far today

Dodgers -115

4 units

Comment

I agree on the bullpens. Until Downs gets back the Angels appear to be a little rough. And I like backing Rodney in a save situation as much as Fuentes.

Gk on the dodgers.
                    MLB
                    May
                    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...