OPENING DAY ... Start the Bloodbath!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPENING DAY ... Start the Bloodbath!

As they say on the Bud Light commercials ... HERE WE GO!!

Atlanta Braves - Derek Lowe -137 My only fave play of the day. I like Lowe's sinker in the big park in Washington. I know Livan has had success against the Braves in the past, but I still can't believe he's the Nats No. 1 starter. I may be walking into a trap here, but I really think the Braves bullpen will hold any lead they get. Plus, Zimmerman is a little dinged up (sore groin), so ...

NYY/Detroit - over 8 +105 The new Yankee Stadium is a bandbox, and it's early so I don't think either CC or Verlander go past five or six frames. This will go over late.

LAA/KC - under 8.5 +105 Weaver has pitched well in his career against the Royals, and let's face it, they are the Royals. Big stadium, cold weather and a decent pitching matchup has me leaning toward the under. When I saw it was +105 (at JustBet), I jumped.

San Francisco - Tim Lincecum +105 Lincecum as a dog? I'll take it. Not much reasoning other than I'll take the Freak as a dog just about any time it comes up.

I also really like Milwaukee and Gallardo as a dog too, but I don't bet on my home team.

GL everyone!:beerbang:

I really like each one of those bets myself. Good luck today and throughout the season badger.

Comment

My thought on Det/NY would be to lean the other way on the total. Verlander went 6 and 7 innings in his last two starts so I don't see any reason he can't go deep today with the exception of effectiveness. CC also went 6 2/3 in his last start so Girardi will also likely allow him to go 7 if needed and the pitch count is reasonable (which his usually is). I would be pretty surprised if both starters are out before 6 complete innings and NY obviously has some pretty good bullpen depth with Soriano, Mo and a couple of LHP. With the 40 degrees and raining it might be a tough day to hit. But I didn't play it so good luck. Just wanted to throw up some opposing points.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Nice start to the year Badger. What a brutal loss for the Brew Crew :(

Comment

Yeah.

A 3-1 start is the only reason I didn't throw my beer thru the TV when the Reds hit that walkoff. Effing Ramon Hernandez !? WTF! :bang:

Comment

Working...
          X