Monday 6/1 turds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 6/1 turds

I guess they're turds again after yesTURDay....

reg plays 268-254 (-5.24 units)
    fave rl's 85-126 (-0.55 units)
    overall 353-380 (-5.79 units)
    faves who won by 1 run: 31 of 211 (14.69%)

Pirates -101
    Brewers +103
    Houston -128
    St Louis -119
    Oakland +132
    San Diego +104
    Baltimore +115

2 units each

Houston rl +155
    St Louis rl +170

1/2 unit each

gl stif. Are you fading the cws after their road trip and now first game at home?

Comment

Yea, that was most of it. I was looking for a flat effort from them after beating Greinke and sweeping KC, and returning home.

The problem with that was that the A's are just downright pathetic. They should make them and the Natinals play each other in between world series games this year and call it Suckfest '09, with the loser being crowned the outright king of sucking. And make them fly somewhere really stupid to do it, like England....oh wait, that's only the dumbass NFL that makes their teams fly to other countries to play. Although I guess that's not 100% true, since MLB had 2 teams truck their way to Japan to open the season a few times recently. Only difference there is that the Japanese people actually appreciate baseball, so at least someone got to enjoy the games.

I liked the A's better when they just had a bunch of young guys and prospects every year, and OVERachieved....instead of bring in guys 5 years (or more) past their prime.

Nomar? Are you kidding??

Giambi? While light years better than Nomar, he's still hitting .216. Wasn't he always pretty much a career .300+ hitter?

And why on earth is Eric Chavez still clogging up a roster spot and collecting money from this team? I think he's played 4 games in the last 3 seasons. Let me guess, he got a guaranteed contract, and all of a sudden got bitten by the injury monster....yet still sits there, rehabbing constantly, and collecting his millions. I have a rehab assignment for him.....demote him to Single A and make him ride to and from the games on an old school bus like the rest of those guys. Even if he's hurt, keep him on a roster and make him attend the games. I bet he'd make his way back to the majors pretty quick....or quit....
      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM.

Comment

well said, but I am backing the a-holes today against their fellow a-hole, butthole colon:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X