Pirates +154

1 unit

Good Luck Stif

Comment

GL Stif
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Fox sucks. They're supposed to have rights to these Saturday afternoon games, and they're not even airing any. Freakin Bozos. At least I can get BAL/NYY on MASN, lol

In any case....so far I've played these. Gonna have a few more yet, but these are afternoon games.

Also updated my YTD record: 21-17 (+13.86 units)

LA Dodgers -125

Russ Ortiz is still in the majors? Wasn't his ERA like over 100 last year? Gimme a break....he sucks ass, and he's an automatic fade for me at this price until he proves me wrong.

Atlanta -105

Mets are good and I am trying not to go against what I think are the better teams as often this year, but this IMO is more than worth a shot with Glavine sporting a 3-9 record with a 5.50+ ERA vs his former club and a very capable pitcher in Smoltz opposing him.

2 units each

Comment

stiff...

question regarding LA... I did the Dodgers as well, but Bonds isnt going to play Night-Day B2B games right?? that was one of my reasons for leaning towards LA, im assuming he is out for today
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Texas -114

2 units

How on earth is Texas with their ace Millwood on the hill only a -114 home fave against former reliever Julian Tavarez' Sox? I would understand this with old man Schilling or Backett taking the mound (not that I would agree, but I would understand the public's reasoning for backing those guys), but Tavarez? This is a pitching mismatch of severe proportions if you ask me.

Making it better is that 80% are on Boston as a dog.

I understand that the Texas offense hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this season yet, but neither has Boston's....and breaking out against Tavarez and a bunch of relievers is more likely IMO than against Millwood and Otsuka.

Gimme Texas.

Comment

Phillies +100

2 units

Florida was a nice story last season for sure, and I'm sure they'll be a decent team this season as well. However, the Phils should be the better team between the two.

Ace vs ace, and I'm going with the team who I feel is more talented here. I do have concerns about the Phils bullpen, but I also feel that their chances of putting up a pile of runs are pretty much better than Florida's, and getting them at even odds looks to me like a profitable situation, as they should win this matchup more often than 50% of the time.

Comment

On Tex and the Phils as well..Original lean was to the Fish but something tells me Willis has a tough time tonight...Let's cash it!!!:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                  stiff...

question regarding LA... I did the Dodgers as well, but Bonds isnt going to play Night-Day B2B games right?? that was one of my reasons for leaning towards LA, im assuming he is out for today
                  Sorry for not answering sooner. I went and grabbed a nap after I posted the day game plays. Rough night last night, and then had to work this morning....and i'm not 22 anymore, LOL

Anyway, yea....normally Bonds does sit for a day game after a night game. I didn't even look into it though. I was strictly fading Russ Ortiz, who actually must have pitched decent for a few innings, lol. I'll probably continue to fade him though as long as the lines are right, and the public isn't thinking the same thing. I know Lowe got rocked in the opener in Milwaukee, but in reality, he's probably 10X better than Ortiz, and I couldn't believe the public was split 50/50 on that game.

Comment

I like Texas as well. Line moved from -140 to -110. Tavarez is a horrible starter.
                    “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
                    1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

Padres -135

2 units

Comment

gl luck with boomer and the padres stif!

Comment

Thanks! The reason i like SD is because I don't think Colorado will get any freebees tonight. They'll have to hit to get on base, and I honestly don't think they will get it done. Boomer walks no one, and if he can go 6 with any type of lead, the pen locks it up IMO, even if the SD lead is small.

On the other hand, if Colorado is leading, SD has the far better chance to come back late.

These reasons lead me to believe the juice is justified here, as I see a distinct advantage for the Pads to win the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X