X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Turds

707-715 (+24.80 units)

Phillies +100

Milwaukee has sucked recently. Why? Because they're a relatively young team and they're choking under the pressure of the playoff race. Phils know what it takes to get there, and they know this is their big shot to get the wild card. Even more importantly, the old vet Moyer knows how to use guy's overaggressiveness against them, and normally being too aggressive is a main problem when you're choking under the pressure.

Flubs swept em, Mutts swept em, the ****ty freakin Reds almost swept em this last series, and even crappy SD split a 4 game set with em!! The only f**kin team they can beat is the PIRATES! Oh yea, they swept the NATS last month too when the Nats were in the midst of losing like 24 in a row.

Seriously, just look over their recent schedule....when they play someone half decent, they generally lose. They are a vastly overrated team, and I don't see why I should just expect them to go on the road to Philly, where all the pressure is on this young club, and for them to turn it on and smoke the Phils.

This line is terrible.

White Sux -120

I wasn't gonna play this one cause Gavin Floyd sucks ass lately, but i did for 2 reasons.

1. Twins lost this afternoon. This (imo) gives the White Sux some incentive to really go out there and add another game of distance between the Twins and themselves.

2. The Jays "hot streak" is (imo) over. After losing last night, it's generally difficult to get back in the groove on the road, against a quality opponent.

Strictly playing what looks to me like a good spot for the White Sux, and possibly a not so great one for the Jays

St Louis +130

Cards are much scarier vs RHP than LHP. The Flubs haven't exactly been doing anything worth writing home about this last month (or more) either, and Kerry Wood is a joke of a closer.

Dick Harden falls under the "what have you done for me lately" category as far as I'm concerned. Well, then again i guess he has been doing what he does best. Get injured and either miss starts or spend time on the DL. No offense to the guy, but ****, for a fellow who can't make more than 3 starts in a row, and leaves about 25% of his starts early due to some kind of ****ed up injury, he sure as hell gets a hell of alot of line respect/public love.

Wellemeyer has secretly been super solid, and the Cards have some real solid bats, especially against RHP, like i said.

Wrong fave.

Seattle -120

I looked at this line and was like WTF? How the f**k can Seattle be favored AT LA Angels. Then I thought, well duh, LAA clinched last night. Time to party, i'd suppose, and a letdown is probably in order, plus I'd assume plenty of the big names for LAA are going to sit out tonight. Seattle has actually been playing solid ball the last few weeks for a change, and I think the oddsmakers are telling you who they think has the best chance to win tonight, yet by S.I.'s numbers, 72% of the public is wailing away at LAA as a home dog to "****ty Seattle". I can't imagine with all the -200 and -300 lines on the cards lately that this one is the freebee the public apparently thinks it is, and i would assume that in addition to the reasons i stated above that SEA looks to be the play, the books may also have word many of the LAA players will be sitting, or something....

2 units each

I also parlayed Houston Asstros ml & Rutgers ml at -116 for 2 units. Since the NCAAF forum already gets overloaded with threads, i figured since it's a parlay between NCAAF and MLB, i'd just post it in my mlb thread, as to not push any other cappers off the page over there.

The reason for taking Houston is self explanatory, as they are the hottest (imo) team in baseball, and playing the worst one (again, imo). Oswalt goes tonight, who has been absolutely on fire, and my guess is the Pirates don't do much damage against him, while the very pedestrian Zack Duke doesn't really have much hope of matching his performance.

As far as the Rutgers play, I hear alot of "Rutgers ain't as good as they were the last 2 years", which I don't disagree with....but I don't know why all the love for freakin UNC??

Maybe beating McNeese St is a good thing these days, but c'mon, lets be real. I don't see them going to jersey and beating Rutgers, even if Rutgers is far worse this year without Ray Rice.

Fresno is suppose to be so awesome from what i hear, and Rutgers hung with them alot closer than what the final score indicated.

So Rutgers would have beat UNC by 40 last year, and now it will probably be by like 14-17.

The oddsmakers keep pushing this line up along with the public action for a reason....because they can't get any sharps to bite on UNC, so they need the public to do so. I'm as anti-public as they come, but I'm not falling for it. The way I see it, the books are just begging me to take those 6 points, and that's as bad of a trap to fall into as when they beg the public to swing a certain way with what looks to be an easy winner to them.

The reason i actually did the parlay, by the way, was because I would have had to pay -120 to get Rutgers -6, and assuming a Houston win (and obviously nothing is guaranteed), i then have Rutgers on the ML at -116....so less juice and laying no points makes it an easy choice.

I would lay the -6 though, had i not decided the parlay was a better idea.

LOL, nice call on my part. Slutgers is without a doubt one of the worst teams in DIV I-A or whatever they call it now.

Ya well, **** them. Tomorrow is another day

Comment

Working...
    X