Padres -120
    LA Angels -125
    LA Dodgers -130
    ****TY Seattle +115
    St Louis +130

Houston/****ty Reds under 9.5 -130
    Texas/Baltimore over 10.5 -125

2 units each

Some various thoughts (probably won't cover ALL the plays....there are just too many, lol):

Would have played Atlanta, but if Arizona can't win with Webb on the mound, at home, and looking to avoid a 4 game sweep at the hands of a 22-37 road team (who WAS 19-37 before getting to Arizona :laughing: ), they might not win again ever, lol, so I decided to lay off. Playing Arizona at -200 or more though = suicide.

What a joke the Yankees pen is too. The Angels own them, and the Halos are I think 21-8 vs LHP starters this year. I smell a SWEEP and the Bronx Bombers leaving LA with their tails between their legs. Don't worry Yanks, you have the Twins next, and you own them....

Easy to back Dumpster at home where the Flubs are now 11-3 in his starts, and have the best home record in mlb, but truth be told the Flubs have been rather average at home recently, and are 0-3 i believe in Dumpster's last 3 home tries. He hasn't been the same pitcher, and Carp has looked strong, as has the Cards offense. Outside Isringhasbeen, the Cards pen has done pretty well, and the Cards excel vs RHP. Nice +130 line for a team with at least a 50/50, if not better, shot to win tonight, imo.

Old Man Moyer's numbers are quite a bit worse at home (fly ball pitcher/small ballpark), and the Philly offense is struggling (Utley/Burrell/Howard are like 3 for their last 50 combined). In addition, Pittsburgh has the 10th best bullpen since the all star break, while Philly is nearly scraping the bottom of the barrel at #24. I know the Buccos have offensive issues, but Pittsburgh or not, for the Phils to be over -200 today is ridiculous. Where is the big advantage for Philly? A ton of value on the Pirates, if you can look beyond the fact that "Pittsburgh sucks" and "Jason Davis sucks"....or at least he did like 3 years ago with Cleveland, lol. Oh yea, Davis is a sinkerballer and gets (or at least used to get) alot of groundball outs. That is obviously a good thing in a small park....

Texas is struggling, but I doubt they get blanked AGAIN today. With that being said, Marvin Harrison or whatever his name is still sucks in my book. Just because he escaped jam after jam against the Yankees with like 6 double plays doesn't make him any good. I think the O's hammer him and the putrid Texas bullpen to get the win and the sweep, since Marvin can't seem to keep guys off base and as of the last time I checked, the O's have the second best avg with RISP in all of baseball.....while Texas chips in for their share today too and boosts the total over.

Buchholz just sucks on the road, and the Red Sux are overrated now without Manny, imho, on the road anyway, where they weren't even that good beforehand. Not saying BOS is crappy now, don't get me wrong, but losing Manny hurts, weather they want to admit it or not. BOS is 27-34 on the road, while CWS are 38-18 at home, and even though Floyd has been less than steallar lately, advantage White Sux at home against the road awful Buchholz (0-5, 7.68 era) who hasn't picked up a win anywhere since May freaking 2nd, imo. The total is set at 10.5 (same as BAL/TEX), which seems awful high for 2 teams with far more respectable pitching, and less offense. Maybe the books know something? I'd play the over if i were to play the total there....but I can't bring myself to do so with a total THAT high. Hell, i had a hard time playing BAL/TEX over 10.5, and they have 2 of the worst pitching staffs in the league, and 2 of the best offenses in the league, lol...

John Lannan just keeps on keepin the Nats in games. Ton of value there against the struggling Manny Parra. The Nats offense was clicking and they were winnin, till they had to face CC and Sheets. They might find Parra a bit easier to figure out. No Ryan Braun either for MILW, from what I hear....

Livan Hernandez sucks. Not sure what else to say about that one. Young owns the Rockies too. Both teams suck, and neither is going anywhere, but this is about as huge a SP mismatch you will ever find at -120. Pads awful pen a concern, however....

Matt Cain has never beaten LA. He has pitched great recently, keeping this line down, but some guys just have a mental hurdle vs some other teams I guess. LA can't afford to lose 2 in a row to lowly SF, and with Billingsley on the hill, I don't think they will. Even if Cain does well, I expect the Dodgers to find a way to pull it out with their huge bullpen advantage, which went AGAINST them last night (2nd best for the entire season, 6th best since the ASB). In other words, too much seems stacked against SF today, and in the favor of the LAD.

Well, it's like noon. I should post. I probably missed a few plays, but I have other stuff i want to do today instead of type. Just had a little extra time this morning so I figured i'd share some thoughts on my plays, which I don't often get to do anymore

GLTA today :prtytim: :cheery: :gulp:

stiffy- GL!....like the Reds under. Votto is out of the lineup, they just ****canned their only catcher who was even somewhat decent at the plate and dunn is 4 for his last 31 with ZERO...check it out....ZERO RBI's or runs scored in his last TEN freeking games. That is dang near impossible.

GL!...:beerbang:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      stiffy- GL!....like the Reds under. Votto is out of the lineup, they just ****canned their only catcher who was even somewhat decent at the plate and dunn is 4 for his last 31 with ZERO...check it out....ZERO RBI's or runs scored in his last TEN freeking games. That is dang near impossible.

Harang.......:ohman:....wow are the Reds awful. Good news is they probably won't score any today so if you can hold HOU to under 10 runs you'll proabably win.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

LMFAO, like it matters. Aaron Harang sucks so incredibly bad HOU will hit double digits themselves by the 3rd inning. Sadly, you know you suck when a loser like Harang is your "staff ace". The ******* buffoon is 3-11 on the season with an ERA approaching 5. And they thought about getting rid of the Expos/Nationals a few years back? They should just get rid of the **** bag Reds and save us all the agony of having to watch this ****. No team in baseball could possibly unintentionally keep making as many bad decisions as them. Not one.

Dusty Baker? LMFAO. Worst manager in the entire history of MLB. Cost SF a world series title too, after they got there IN SPITE of him.

Corey ******* Patterson? WTF?? The guy had like 2 good weeks 4 years ago. He might be a decent player in an over 30 rec league somewhere, but in the majors, forget about it, LMFAO.

How about sticking with Adam Dumb year after year just cause he hits a few homers....when he's not striking out or displaying his burning speed and massive effort in left field that is. That stupid **** is in mlb for one reason. To cash a paycheck. He doesn't give one **** about winning, and truth be told, not one team in MLB, other than the Speds wants him. Not even the Yankees....and they signed ******* Richie Sexson!!!

Sadly, guys with some real talent like Votto, Bruce, Phillips, etc are stuck mired in that hell hole they call a baseball organization.

I can only imgaine the pain of a true a Reds fan....or that of a guy who gets a call saying "You've just been drafted by/traded to the Reds".

Ouch
        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 08-10-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

harang....:beerbang:.....

if you guys were all smart you would fade the reds every game and bet the Reds team Under. seriously both very good bets.

and spot on with the Dunn comments. LMAO...jocketty when asked whether dunn would be back said he wanted to see how he performed in the clubhouse and on the field without griffey.......im guessing 10 games without scoring a run or knocking one in and going 4-32 (including 0-1 today) isn't what they were looking for. and props again to him for turning a single down the left field line into a triple for somebody a couple of days ago by loafing and then lobbing in his throw.

Comment

The Dodgers lick balls. I expect ****ty teams like the Nats to blow late leads, but I expect more from the Dodgers.....or at least I did. 2 days in a row. Pathetic. The entire NL West licks balls, as a matter of fact. What a ****hole of a division. It's almost like they got together and said "lets put the 5 ****tiest teams in one division and let them battle it out so at least one of them can get in the playoffs"....the only thing that is wrong with that theory is that the Reds aren't in the NL West. Pathetic :puke:

Comment

Working...
            X