~~ BIFF'S BASES - AUG. 6th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - AUG. 6th ~~

I was all about the A's yesterday, and even with Gio Gonzalez taking over for Duke, I'm still on them. This is actually a smart move by Geren to give the kid a stab at a team he can beat and get Duke and extra day of rest. It's statistically very clear that his arm is getting tired. With this rotation already completely dismantled Duke should be taking it easy down the stretch. Guys like Gonzalez and Meyer are going to get spot starts, one will be joining the rotation very soon with Eveland gone. I don't normally bet on mlb debuts just as a general rule, (hell of a job by Chris Waters last night on the road against the Angels) but I trust my mind more than anything. Gonzalez has been tossing 1 K per inning on average and despite the walks is still close to a 2:1 ratio. Jays are pretty weak against LHP, and Marcum has been awful since returning from injury. A's pen is finally heathly, and I have to believe that Brad Ziegler is the new closer. If Geren marches Houston out there one more time Billy is going to fire him. With the way the A's have gone downhill, and the popularity of ruthless GMs this year, he'd be an idiot not to.

As for the Marlins, riding them again tonight as they are at the heels of the possibly cooling Phillies bats. Huge confidence boost finally getting a win over Moyer last night I have to imagine. If Kendrick doesn't get that monstrous run support, he's likely in for a horrible finish to this year. Disclaimer, I am having a poor year with road underdogs so far (19-35). Trying to break the curse tonight by taking undervalued pitchers against overvalued ones, it's gotta work sometime. Good Luck.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS +125

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $450

FLORIDA MARLINS +130

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $470

--

August ML = (3-1) +$845
    August RL = (0-0) +$0
    August O/U = (1-2) -$520
    August H+R+E = (1-1) -$55
    August Parlays = (1-1) +$235

BIG BETS = (0-0) +$0

PROP DE JOUR = (4-0) +$400

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $35,440

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 08-06-2008, 06:03 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Nice run your on the last few days!
    You weathered the storm and I hope you have continued sucess the rest of the way!!!! :thumbs:

Thanks for the early post :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Jack. :thumbs:

It's still VERY early, but the dark road dog cloud seems to still be hovering over me. :eyz:

Can't forget the...

PROP DE JOUR - DODGERS/CARDINALS - RUN IN 1st INN. = YES (-120)

*RISKING $120 TO WIN $100
      Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 08-06-2008, 07:14 PM.

Comment

My record is now corrected. I'm 20-37 in picking road underdogs. By far the roughest spot for me opposed to my 31-15 record on home favorites, not to mention the parlays. Gio was very impressive today if you ask me. He made one mistake in the 1st inning leaving a pitch right down Broadway for Barajas, but he was getting the zone pinched on him in the 1st inning and made a rookie mistake. He bounced back and gave the A's a chance to win. Much like the Marlins they just didn't capitalize on ANY opportunities. My road doggie curse continues... On the bright side, the Prop de Jour continues on to a perfect 5 for 5.

--

August ML = (3-3) +$85
        August RL = (0-0) +$0
        August O/U = (1-2) -$520
        August H+R+E = (1-1) -$55
        August Parlays = (1-1) +$235

BIG BETS = (0-0) +$0

PROP DE JOUR = (5-0) +$500

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,820

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--

Comment

Biff,

Nice job on the P-D-J! :beerbang:

They fooled me throwing Gio in there for Duke. Today, the losing streak ends.:thumbs:

Murph

Comment

Working...
          X