Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Brigades!

Morning all,

Back after my two week vacation in the Emerald Isle. Been trying to catch up on all the MLB news!

I never totted up my numbers after my last plays on Sunday July 20th which was a poor day for me!

To date -> 114-136 -$149.10

Brigade

Cinci Reds +118 2 UNITS

Brigade
    Last edited by Irish Brigade; 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM.

Comment

WELCOME BACK!

Good Luck today I.B. :thumbs:
      "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Thanks Biff! Looks like you have had a solid start to the month. Keep it up :thumbs:

I.B

Comment

plus money?
          NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Astros +156 1.5 UNITS

Brigade

Comment

Orioles +1.5 EVEN 2 UNITS

Brigade

Comment

Man,

I have dug myself into a deep hole so far today. Taking a risk with the next few -

Twins -137 3 UNITS

Twins -1.5 1.5 UNITS

Brigade

Comment

I.B.

Since you are one of the few on here who offer insight on my threads, I'll go out on a limb and offer you some that I think might be beneficial.

I know it's hard to accept an early losing day, but it rarely pays to be chasing. When you are string betting bigger and bigger after losing early 99% of the time that's chasing. Whether conscious or subconscious. So I'm offering you some advice so that bankroll doesn't go to hell in a hand basket. In my opinion, if you are capping games as they go during the day, your best strategy would to become more selective. Find reasons why your losing bets are losing, identify that in some sort of quantifiable measure and look to avoid it in the future. I track all my bets in excel through 100's of splits. Simply records in various situations and $$ won or lost. Took forever to set-up, but since I only make 2-3 bets a day, it takes virtually no work to keep updated (5 min a day tops) and makes it easy on which games to rule out each day. Once you find out where you constantly lose money (even the best do) and stop betting in those situations you'll find 10 times the consistency. Luck will always be apart of it, and there will be weeks where you are red hot and weeks where you are ice cold, but you'll never break the bank and you'll end up in the green at the end of every season. It can be easy to create an edge or value for one team in your mind if you're taking a stab at every game. Not trying to step on your toes or smack in the head, but I am offering what I think could be an improvement to your betting strategy. Take it or leave it. I wish you luck today. :thumbs:

~~ Biff ~~
                  "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Biff,

Thanks for the solid advice. I got a little carried away today. I guess I had real itchy feet being away for so long. Because of you I started recording all my bets when I joined the forum. I got lucky today with the Twins gamble and plan to go back to my old strategy of taking it one step at a time. Thanks again :thumbs:

I.B

Comment

Lucked out with a crazed gamble on the Twinkies.

Dodgers -135 1.5 UNITS

Dodgers -1.5 +125 0.5 UNIT

Red Sox/Yankees parley $25 to win ~$45

Brigade

Comment

Well quite a rough start after my break. Took a massive (and crazed) gamble on the Twins which helped a little but still a poor day.

To date -> 117-141 -$283.72

Brigade

Comment

Working...
                        X