Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday

ytd 541-517 (+53.20 units)

I'm not sure what to think of baseball right now after going 10-3 yesterday, picking 11 of 12 sides correctly in the process, while dropping both totals and just one side play.

In all reality, I'm happy as hell to still be up over 50 units, and just hoping the rough stretch is over....

For today:

Oakland/Toronto under 7.5 -115
    Tampon Bay -125
    Brewers -130
    KC Royals +100
    SF Giants -120

2 units each

Not sure if I'll play anything else or not. Alot of huge dog lines today, but even at those ridiculous dog prices, I feel like I'd be tossing a few units out there and praying, as I can't really find much worth mentioning as far as an advantage for any of these huge dogs today, and anything I do find is easy to cancel out by something equally bad against them, lol

For example....Gallagher has been a pretty strong pitcher this year, but he is winless on the road for the entire season. The A's bullpen is not a problem, but the A's aren't hitting, and they have lost 6 straight and 15 of their last 17. What leads me to believe they're gonna hit Halladay and the #1 ranked Jays bullpen tonight?

If i "take a stab" at any of these huge dogs (i highly doubt the 5 huge faves will go 5-0), it would be Washington and/or Baltimore.

At least the O's can score and have a half respectable bullpen, while the Angels return home (cross country) possibly a little down after their miserable performance vs NYY yesterday. The Angels could be a tad vulnerable tonight imo. But Sarfate doesn't really thrill me. IF I can look past him, i will be on the O's, but i need more info on him first....

Washington is pretty much always in the game when Redding pitches, and they are riding a 3 game win streak, even if it was at home over the LOWLY Cincinnati Reds, who have clearly quit on the season. Colorado is far from deserving of being over -200 against anyone though, imo. If i can get past the mlb worst road record of the Nats, I might be on them as well.

Does anyone else have an opinion yay or nay on any of these huge dogs, or why they actually have a fair chance to win?
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 08-04-2008, 11:07 AM.

Adding:

Orioles +195

2 units

U-dog convinced me with this from his thread.

"Saunders 2 games pitched vs the O's- 11.2 ip, 18h, 7er & a .367 opp ba! The Halos did win both times 6-5, but neither sp lasted past the 3rd inning either. So for those looking to fade Safarte, do you really think he could do any worse than Trachsel (3ip 7h, 6er) or Burres (1.2 ip, 7h, 5er)? Safarte relieved Burres vs the Halos & went 3.1 ip without allowing a hit & walked 1 batter"
    That was the type of info i was looking for to convince me the O's had a far better chance to win tonight than the odds suggest :thumbs:

Comment

I proud of you for getting rid of the Turds name. Everytime I saw it I had to ****.

Comment

Working...
      X