~~ BIFF'S BASES - AUG. 2nd ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - AUG. 2nd ~~

This was the only early game I wanted to look at, and now I'm looking for a game very similar to last night from these two. I just can't come to terms with laying the chalk on the Sox despite them being up against Davies, so I'm taking what I feel is the next best bet. Good Luck today gents!

WHITE SOX/ROYALS - UNDER 9½ (-120)

*RISKING $430 TO WIN $360

--

August ML = (0-0) +$0
    August RL = (0-0) +$0
    August O/U = (1-0) +$360
    August H+R+E = (0-0) +$0
    August Parlays = (0-1) -$180

BIG BETS = (0-0) +$0

PROP DE JOUR = (1-0) +$100

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,815

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

I'm about ready to give up on this game, looks like the Royals are hitting EVERYTHING Buerhle is throwing at them. I'm really glad I didn't touch the White Sox chalk now.

Comment

Buehrle just had his worst start of the year (aside form his 2 inning debut blowup) against the Royals. I have to give a hand to anyone who can say they saw that coming. 8 out 10 QS in his last 10 vs. the Royals and in his last 10 overall. I knew he had bad numbers in day games this year, but he's been very good historically. Oh well, thus is baseball, moving on.

Taking the Phillies and Blanton. This lineup has gotten ahold of Looper this year and pretty much every year in their limited exposure. With Looper you either pick up the sinker or you don't. I'm saying the Phillies can pick it up. He is one pitcher who has better numbers on the road, and w/o Ankiel that lineup is very different. He is a huge RBI factor, almost as important as Pujols. See some decent value in a division leading team up against a competing team that is starting to show their true colors somewhat I think being swept by Milwaukee in their last homestand. Only reason the Phillies are so cheap is because Hamels went down last night I'm guessing and Joe's poor W-L record this year. I think it'll be above .500 with the Phillies.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES -115

*RISKING $415 TO WIN $360

PROP DE JOUR - INDIANS/TWINS - RUN IN 1st INN. = NO (-120)

*RISKING $120 TO WIN $100

- Slowey hasn't given up a run in the 1st inning in 16 starts this year. OPS in 1st inn = .483. Average OPS of 1st 5 Indians hitters = .795.

- Byrd has given up 7 runs in the 1st inning in 20 starts this year. 4 of those came in 1 game in a start v. Dodgers. He have given up a run in 3 of his 20 starts. OPS in 1st inn. = .719. Average OPS of 1st 5 Twins hitters = .826.
      Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 08-02-2008, 05:55 PM. Reason: fixed prop odds

Comment

Late play tonight... the way Kuroda has been throwing and his horrid history against the D-backs, I'll take Petit over him who has been very good against the Brewers and Cubs so far this year. Arizona also got Cruz back in the pen, and I feel still has a distinct advantage over the Dodgers in that NL West. Putting Manny in this lineup is far from an instant fix.

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS +125

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $450

Comment

--

August ML = (1-1) +$0
          August RL = (0-0) +$0
          August O/U = (1-1) -$70
          August H+R+E = (0-0) +$0
          August Parlays = (0-1) -$180

BIG BETS = (0-0) +$0

PROP DE JOUR = (2-0) +$200