~~ BIFF'S BASES - AUG. 1st ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - AUG. 1st ~~

Since I now have over 3 months worth of data, I broaden my range of plays and the amounts wagered. My bet on the Marlins made this very clear to me, that it is definitely time to institute the BIG PLAY. I do believe in flat betting, but as the year winds down and I become more selective, there are games that stick out to me far more than others. These are games where I will wager 150% of my normal wager. So currently that would be $540. I also start stabbing at prop bets, usually making 1 a day betting a buck each.

I have been god awful picking road dogs these days, so I'm not laying a full bet on another single one until I turn that around. So if I'm right on these two then I'll get a bigger payout for half the risk. New Boy Bay in LF with a new park and a new big wall to handle. Duke said he felt fine after his last start against the Rangers, he said he just got beat by one of the best lineups in the league. I'm taking his word seeing as Texas made him work in the first matchup, I should have seen that one coming. Tonight though, he breezed through this Boston lineup only tossing a 1 hitter. Frank is back and could take a knuckler over the monster pretty easily. Miner has been very serviceable for the Tigers, i just have to pray that this isn't blown by the pen. Scares me a bit that the Rays are 14-1 in that packed dome of theirs, but Tigers have the lineup to make this a game. Dog days of August are here, let's hope they start off big.

AUGUST 1st

ATHLETICS & TIGERS - 2 TEAM PARLAY (+500)

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $900

PROP DE JOUR - METS/ASTROS - RUN SCORED IN 1st INN. = YES (-125)

*RISKING $125 TO WIN $100

Backe = 20 total runs in 1st inning in 22 starts. In 10 games he has given up at least 1 run in 1st inning. OPS in 1st inning = .999. Average OPS of 1st 5 Mets hitters = .819.

Martinez = 11 total runs in 1st inning in 9 starts. In 5 games he has given up at least 1 run in 1st inning. OPS in 1st inning = 1.030. Average OPS of 1st 5 Astros hitters = .836.

--

August ML = (0-0) +$0
    August RL = (0-0) +$0
    August O/U = (0-0) +$0
    August Team O/U = (0-0) +$0
    August H+R+E = (0-0) +$0
    August Parlays = (0-0) +$0

BIG BETS = (0-0) +$0

PROP DE JOUR = (0-0) +$0

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,535

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 08-01-2008, 06:11 PM. Reason: realized the splits still said July... duh!
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

If there is one lineup Horrible Homer could contain it very well could be this Nats lineup. I know he is getting very little respect after that 15 hit performance in Colorado. Dukes is back, but given his track record he could easily start off cold. I believe he is one of 2 guys in this lineup hitting over .250. Flores is the other. Both pens have been very consistent lately; just have to believe that's a good thing. If this number clicked down to 9 I'd lay off, but getting the hook is very nice as the Reds trying to settle in on the road in w/o their HOF outfielder. Perez has some of the biggest splits in home v. away numbers of anyone this year. I hope they hold true tonight.

REDS/NATIONALS - UNDER 9½ (-120)

*RISKING $430 TO WIN $360
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 08-01-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

And leadoff hitter Jose Reyes scores! Whew... 1st prop bet cashes nice and easy. :thumbs:

Comment

I'll take it. Got family in town, but I should be around for tomorrow. :thumbs:

--

August ML = (0-0) +$0
        August RL = (0-0) +$0
        August O/U = (1-0) +$360
        August H+R+E = (0-0) +$0
        August Parlays = (0-1) -$180

BIG BETS = (0-0) +$0

PROP DE JOUR = (1-0) +$100

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,815

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--

Comment

Nice Job, Biff. good to see your luck has turned over the past six weeks or so.

It's been a while since I've been on here, but I should be on more regularly the rest of the season.

Murph

Comment

Actually, Biff, I see you had a rough July. Last time I was on, you were flirting with the $3k mark and you spent awhile trying to get over it. Better luck to you in the final months of the season! :beerbang:

Murph

Comment

Yeah you don't even want to believe the cold streak I went on after the break Murph. I was almost up 3K in first couple weeks of July before break, and it went to hell in a hand-basket thanks to blown game after blown game from pens. Went from being on my hottest streak of the year to the coldest in the same month. Talk about irony. But streaks like that happen, just got to trust your stuff and things will turn around. Glad to see you back, hope the rest of year this good to both of us. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
                Yeah you don't even want to believe the cold streak I went on after the break Murph. I was almost up 3K in first couple weeks of July before break, and it went to hell in a hand-basket thanks to blown game after blown game from pens. Went from being on my hottest streak of the year to the coldest in the same month. Talk about irony.
                You're telling me :bang:

Hopefully it starts to turn around for both of us

Comment

Working...
                X