~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 27th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 27th ~~

For starters, I'm riding the same 3 from yesterday each for a half bet. Home underdogs are 5-18 in the last 23 games. I refuse to let this slip by, because once I do they'll start hitting. Will more than likely have a parlay or another play today. I'm just making these bets on principle. Good Luck!

BALTIMORE ORIOLES +140

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $250

KANSAS CITY ROYALS +125

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $225

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS +135

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $245

--

July ML = (13-15) -$285
    July RL = (1-1) +$0
    July O/U = (3-3) -$120
    July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
    July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
    July Parlays = (3-6) -$70

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $35,035

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Just this last parlay, and I do believe I'm done for the day. I'm trying to salvage a winning month out of this 2nd half slide... a little 4-0 sweep sure would be nice. Good Luck!

BREWERS & ATHLETICS - 2 TEAM PARLAY (+210)

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $380

Comment

GL with your plays Biff! I like the 3 doggies!
      2008-09 NCAABB YTD:+9.7 units
      2008-09 NBA YTD:+1.55 units
      2009 MLB YTD:+3.33 units
      ML:(32-27) +3.48 units
      Total O/U:(1-1) -.15 units
      *All plays risk 1 unit
      Updated as of 6/25/2009

Comment

Good luck Biff.
        NBA: 9-15, 31%
        NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
        MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
        NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
        NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
        TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
        PLAYOFFS: 4-1
        NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
        SIDES: 102-68, 60%
        BOWLS: 16-13
        TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
        NCAAF: Purdue
        NCAABB: Purdue
        NFL: Tampa Bay
        NBA: Orlando Magic
        MLB: Cubbies

Comment

Big Moe... Pack... :th:

Well, since I went small today, I'm making one more small bet. If I lose, I'm back to even on the month. If I win, I have a solid footing to go on a 3 day run to finish up July.

Somehow Ponson went from being overrated in the Yankees jersey to being underrated. The only way that's possible is in this situation... Yanks winning 9 in a row looking to sweep Boston who Ponson has been terrible against on the road vs. Lester. Yankees are on fire right now, and I don't think Lester has another CG shutout in him tonight. Everyone seems to think that Boston won't be swept, especially since Boston is 5-0 in these big chalk home games and Yanks haven't won a game as a road underdog of +150 or more in over 3 years.

Since Ellsbury has been ineffective in the leadoff spot they put Pedroia there for now. Only problem is Pedroia is hitting .177 through 10 games this year when hitting leadoff. Nady gives the Yanks a very solid bat, and their pen has been lights out since the break. If I've learned anything since the ASB it is to focus more on pens. Yankees pen has a 1.26 ERA in the last 10 games and Boston has stumbled all year in locking down close games. All this adds up to a ton of value for the Yankees in my opinion. Taking a late night stab on the pinstripes, you won't see them at +165 the rest of the year I'm guessing. Good Luck to those with action tonight!

NEW YORK YANKEES +165

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $300
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-27-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

:laughing: Basically if you went against everything I said you were a winner tonight! Pedroia did his fare share of hitting, and Ponson was... well Ponson. That's the last money he'll take from me this year. I tried working an underdog system here after the all-star break, and well needless to say it hasn't worked quite as well as I planned. I should have known better trying to evoke a sort of systematic method, but my time has really run thin here lately. While I'm going to keep it on the back burner, I'm going to get back to making total plays again as well as only making bets I want to stand behind, because somehow I still feel like a loser standing behind Davies today. Not my style, so back to the basics to make a 3 day run and finish July on a high note.

--

July ML = (15-17) -$170
            July RL = (1-1) +$0
            July O/U = (3-3) -$120
            July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
            July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
            July Parlays = (3-7) -$250

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,970

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300