~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 23rd ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 23rd ~~

Things shouldn't be tough today for Felix Hernandez, granted he can get around the red-hot Pedroia who is only 2-for-9 in the series. Ellsbury has become a very shaky leadoff guy recently, and now has Terry thinking of moving him to the bottom. I'm befuddled at how a team w/o Manny and Papi in the lineup and a pitcher with over an 8 ERA on the road can be anything less than +150, even if it is against the Mariners. M's have their franchise pitcher on the mound who has tossed a QS in 6 of his last 7 starts. No reason to think King Felix should be any different today. On the other hand, Boston has Buchholz who's on thin ice in front of a bullpen that is having trouble locking down leads despite doing it the past two nights. I thought I was sure about Torres last night, but I'm even more sure that Papelbon won't be available today. Not sure about the LaHair at 1st, but he can't be worse than Sexson, and in his short minor league career he's hitting .300 against RHP and only .200 against LHP. Somewhat of a chalky play for me, and I don't play getaway games usually, but I eyed this one last night. Will most likely be back tonight with another play, Good Luck.

JULY 23rd

SEATTLE MARINERS -135

*RISKING $485 TO WIN $360

--

July ML = (11-11) +$560
    July RL = (1-1) +$0
    July O/U = (3-3) -$80
    July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
    July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
    July Parlays = (2-3) +$460

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $36,410

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Trying another parlay today, but I'm taking some divisional road teams. I got no problem with this because I don't factor in much of a home field advantage due to the frequency of games played at each others' parks and the importance of the games in that division right now. I think Myers will be juiced coming back to pitch in Shea where he's had some success, and now has at least some sort of confidence back. I also never have a problem with Hudson on the mound. Nolasco has been getting knocked around in his past few starts giving up some deep shots. He may be tiring like he did in '06 when he got over 100 innings. Very nice odds on these two, definitely worth a shot in my book. Good Luck!

BRAVES & PHILLIES - 2 TEAM PARLAY (+355)

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $640

Comment

Was thinking kinda the same thing about Myers. Hope he's up for it. The whole world is laying that juice for the Mets, as if they are head and shoulders above the Phils or something. I don't get it.

On a side note, I saw Myers pitch in a AA start, and after a shaky start where he gave up a few solid hits including a home run, he was dominant for the next 7 innings till they pulled him. I know that's only AA, but he had great command, it seemed, and no one was hitting the ball too hard off him.

And the M's have to be the only team in baseball that couldn't shell Buchholz. What a garbage team. Luckily they're somehow still in this thing, and hopefully can pull out the win for us :thumbs:

Comment

Myers is leaving everything up right now, hope he brings it down, cause they're going to rip it or take the walks with that high stuff.

2 runs on 0 hits in the 1st inning. :beer2:
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-23-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaah

top of the 11tth

hope seattle gets a run
          NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Not looking good tampa... Bloomquist just let them take the lead dropping the ball. Very very un-clutch Willie. :bang:

Comment

Yea, Seattle just blows. I doubt anything more could have pointed in their favor today, barring the Boston bus crashing on the way to the stadium and the Sox having to forfeit, and they still managed to lose.

Next time I'll just shut up about Myers' control. Yuck.

Comment

No doubt Stifler. The M's had to want to lose that game, and they did. Boston was short-handed and ready for the Yanks, and the M's asked them if they wanted another win. Just pathetic. I really hate laying that juice and then losing like that. Which has me double guessing my pick on the Cubs tonight. Soriano is back, and I like Lilly over Davis. Plus that D-backs lineup is looking pretty weak these days. Anybody got a take on that game?I think I'm going to see how Philly does in the late innings before I make a decision.
                Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-23-2008, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I plan on playing the Cubs as well....not that it means anything who I like this last week or so anyway :bang:

Comment

Tread lightly fellas, I'm making the play and for good reasons. With the way my luck has been running I really would like to just make 1 play a day, but the tough part comes when you have to decide which one to play if there's more than 1 you like. I liked Seattle and Chicago today, both avoiding sweeps, and I liked them both pretty equally. I went with Seattle earlier due to home field advantage and getaway day for Boston despite the higher price. Now the price has gone up 10 more cents on Chicago. Yuck. I'm making the play anyways to sort of "stick to my guns" as a little cold streak can't affect confidence. Good Luck tonight.

CHICAGO CUBS -125

*RISKING $450 TO WIN $360

Comment

Been fading the Cubs on the road but on Lilly to shut down the Zona offense tonight. They are pretty crap vs lefties... parlayed them to the under as well. GL Biff! :thumbs:
                      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Cubs got'er done in Arizona, but I checked my boxscores, and if I'm not mistaken every single loss I've had since the ASB has come from a tie game or blown lead that was lost from the 7th inning on due to relievers. Additionally, none of my wins have been come from behind wins. That means I'm getting virtually zero balls bouncing my way late in the game. That's rough, especially when I factor in bullpens quite heavily into my strategy. I guess I'm fortunate that I was able to win the games that I did. :beer2:

Just updating the records.

--

July ML = (12-12) +$435
                        July RL = (1-1) +$0
                        July O/U = (3-3) -$120
                        July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
                        July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
                        July Parlays = (2-4) +$280

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $36,105

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
                        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X