~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 22nd ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 22nd ~~

After a meltdown yesterday, I feel clear-headed today so I'm going to make a couple plays.

First I'm switching back to making a home-team parlay. I've been right in picking road underdogs to make a move here late in the month, but I've just been on the wrong teams so I'm switching to bets I've had success with. For this parlay, Suppan is coming off the DL for the first time in his long career. He said he was getting stiffness and pain in his throwing elbow after pitching, but that he was fine during the game. I doubt he'll push the limits tonight however. Brewers are also w/o Torres tonight who worked 2 innings last night. Based on what I've seen as far as comebacks from the Cardinals, they should be able to overcome anyone the Brewers put out there late in the game. I'm also on the D-Backs despite Petit being on the mound w/ only 3 days rest. He'll go 5 innings more than likely. With Wood out, that puts Marmol in the closers role, and he's been far from consistent lately. I like my chances with the Baby Backs after getting the W against big bad Harden. Comparatively, Marquis should look like he's tossing marshmallows. I'm heading off to my league in a bit, but I may post another play before I go. Good luck tonight gents!

JULY 22nd

CARDINALS & DIAMONDBACKS - 2 TEAM PARLAY (+235)

*RISKING $180 TO WIN $425

--

July ML = (10-11) +$200
    July RL = (1-1) +$0
    July O/U = (3-3) -$80
    July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
    July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
    July Parlays = (2-2) +$640

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $36,230

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

One more play for tonight. Zito maybe the most overpaid player in the game, yes, but he's also a Cy Young award winner and is able to drive off success. He's tasted victory very few times this year, but he's done it once against the Nats in DC, and for his first time at home in his last home start before the break. Zim might be back, but not 100%. If Zito is going to get another home win this year, tonight seems like a very good chance of being it. He alternated good start, bad start, and the break could help him come out focused. I know he lives in a weird house full of middle easter zen type stuff. For coinflip odds against the Nationals on the road who just lost their closer among other valuable players on the DL, I think it's a worthy investment. By the way I hear Lang is on the Nats. Always like to butt heads with that guy. Should be fun, because alls I hear during league is Giants updates. Somehow they have always been more popular than the A's, even in the East Bay. I don't get it. Good Luck.

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS +100

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $360
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

good luck today Biff. Go Giants :thumbs:
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

GL Tonight!!!!! :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks wsox & Jack! :thumbs:

What the hell was Torres doing in there tonight? 3rd day pitching in a row after pitching 2 innings last night. I guess when you get a chance for a save thanks to the Cardinals giving up all 4 runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings you overuse your closer. Rough rough break on that game, I just can't seem to string together wins thanks to these relief pitchers. Hopefully they start helping me by doing their job a little before they ruin my bankroll! Petit gave 5 solid innings and new guy Rauch looked good in that Arizona uni. Zito got his 2nd home win, in a typical Zito performance but luckily they were playing the Nats. A small profit today, going to try and inch towards 2K again and make up for some of these blown games.

--

July ML = (11-11) +$560
          July RL = (1-1) +$0
          July O/U = (3-3) -$80
          July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
          July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
          July Parlays = (2-3) +$460

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $36,410

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300