~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 20th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 20th ~~

Surprise, surprise, I'm on the road-weary Padres for the 3rd straight day. I must be losing it! Some may call it a chase, but I'm not increasing my bets at all to make up for lost money, I simply like this spot for the Padres, and if they play semi-decent baseball today and don't blow the lead for the 3rd straight day, they'll win. Cardinals are going to sink in the 2nd half, and are my prediction for biggest 2nd half dissappointment as they are only 2 games back right now, I say they finish up 8-9 games back at the end of September. No Pujols in the lineup for the Cards, and that makes going 1-9 much easier for Baek. No Adrian for the Pads either, but he hasn't been doing anything anyways. Just sticking to my guns on this one. I may be wrong again today, but the fact that it didn't work out the past two days actually increases my chances for today. Oddsmakers seem to agree with me after grabbing +125 and +130 odds the past two days, I'm stuck with +120 odds today. All because of Garcia, who is making his first major league start. I'll have another one in the next batch of games.

SAN DIEGO PADRES +120

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $430

--

July ML = (10-8) +$1,280
    July RL = (0-0) +$0
    July O/U = (3-2) +$310
    July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
    July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
    July Parlays = (2-2) +$640

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $37,740

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

i think i can dig it
    NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Can you dig Baek goin deep tampa? :beer2:

I was leaning heavy on the Rockies game Over 30 H+R+E, but I laid off in the end because Cook has been pretty hit or miss lately. Duke is usually miss, especially on the road, but the opposite is looking true so far so I'm glad I passed. Next I'm on the Indians, but only in the first 5 innings. I can't back this pen right now, especially on the road while Seattle's pen has been pretty decent lately. The Mariners are the lowest scoring team in the AL in the 1st 5 innings, and Silva is on the mound up against the starter for the AL in the all-star game. To think the Indians would have the lead after 5 innings shouldn't be a coin flip in my mind, but those are the odds. I'll take them, but caution to those who follow, I'm 0-2 in these bets so far this year w/ Burnett and Harden.

CLEVELAND INDIANS -½ [1st 5 Inn.] +100

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $360

Comment

Boy oh boy
        Does San Diego suck or what!!! :puke:

Comment

The Padres continue to amaze me. Ample opportunities to win, and they were unable to do 3 games in a row. Just a horrid showing by the bullpen, so I'll admit I was wrong there. I'm not sure when was the last time Heath Bell blew 2 games in the same series. I will definitely not bet on them on the road again this season. They are now blacklisted as a road team. I will be doing this to teams more frequently as the season winds down. All based on my performance splits. But being the first team I've bet on this year to lose the lead after the 7th inning 3 games in a row = automatically blacklisted. Shame I passed on that Over in the Rockies game, Duke got hit real hard 2nd time through the lineup. Oh well, at least I know I'm reading games right, I'm just getting some putrid luck lately.

Last one for tonight, I usually stay away from Wakefield's games, but I'm not betting on the Sox because of him. I betting on their bats against Garland in hopes that Tim will be at least serviceable. Garland hasn't dominated anyone in this lineup and got pummelled against a weak Oakland lineup last time out, could be a few dead arm starts in store. Right around the end of July start of August has always been a tough stretch for him. Red Sox should be licking their chops ready to tie Tampa for the lead and avoid the sweep. Good Luck if you got action on the ESPN game.

BOSTON RED SOX +100

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $360

Comment

some f-ed up games today man. Christ.
            NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Two more blown games in the 8th inning giving me two big losses. Boston did it two nights in a row, San Diego did it three games in a row. Just goes to show how important a team's bullpen is, I just got some bad luck as 5 of my 6 losses since the ASB have been due to losing the lead in the 8th-9th innings. THAT'S NOT BAD LUCK, THA'S BRUTALITY!

I've got to hope my luck turns around, because I feel as good as ever in capping these games. I may have to slow down though, because I got off to a very nice start this month, and I'm not going to let luck or anything else ruin it. I've been riding ugly road underdogs due to my attempt at timing the market, it's showing little profit lately, but I'm not off it just yet. Sometimes I'm spot on and sometimes I'm not. Still when only 3 teams have winning road records, its tough to decide when to play 'em. The Padres set me back a peg with their anemic inability to hold a lead. Shaking it off. Back tomorrow...

--

July ML = (10-10) +$560
              July RL = (1-0) +$360
              July O/U = (3-2) +$310
              July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
              July H+R+E = (4-1) +$970
              July Parlays = (2-2) +$640

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $37,380

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
              Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-20-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X