Clear All

• ***Udoggie's MLB Futures***

Playing 4....

Rangers seasons wins u81.5+135

A's season wins o85.5+100

Twinkies season wins u86.5+105

Indians season wins o75-110

2 units each

IMO the Rangers & Twins (especially the Twins) overachieved 1sth. The Twins record isn't bad right now, but they are terrible vs teams over .500. Texas has a crap pen that's bound toblow some games, especially if the bats cool off. Even without Sabathia, I think the Indians will be able to win 35 games in the 2ndh. The A's number looks too low to me. They always seem to pull a hot streak together in the second half, so hopefully they do the same this year!
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

I was looking at playing some futures myself. I just don't like risking my money being offshores for that long, and my call-in rarely posts games more than a couple days early outside of the SB let alone any futures bets. So I laid off, but I like a couple you have. I agree with the Twins and A's.

A's just dealt Big Joe Blanton. I think that helps you, I'm just not sure who they're going to call-up. I'm waiting to see Gio Gonzalez, but I'm not sure he's ripe just yet. It'll be either him or Dan Meyer who's also got good stuff. He was the hopeful gem the A's got from the Braves for Tim Hudson. I spoke with him this March, and he felt ready for a spot to start the year. He was hurt this spring, or he very well may have gotten a shot at it. Either or, they'll put up similar results to Blanton if not better. Not so sure if Geren will go with experience (DiNardo or Saarloos) but I don't think he will. Duke is all they need to anchor that rotation filled with young talent. Good Luck Underdog!:thumbs:
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Working...
    X