~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL 10th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL 10th ~~

I'm starting with a somewhat risky bet in the Indians. For some reason I believe people are thinking the Rays won't lose 4 in a row. Seriously? This team is still VERY young, and like other young teams (D-Backs) they aren't the same team on the road. The same can be said for their bullpen who sports a 3.23 ERA overall, but yet a 4.64 ERA on the road. Now, Sonanstine has been impressive lately, but the Rays are 7-1 in Sonnanstines last 8 road starts. That's scary, as that's a record that will come back to .500, because he will give up runs. The Indians are coming back off the a road trip where they went 0-8. Tonight, they are in a spot they normally do well in. Indians are 5-1 in their last 6 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days. Laffey is a good sinker ball pitcher who's had a couple rough outings lately, I expect him to rebound today and should put up a QS because the Rays have holes against LHP. Looking real hard at the Royals again tonight. Good Luck gents!

JULY 10th

CLEVELAND INDIANS -115

*RISKING $415 TO WIN $360

--

July ML = (4-3) +$475
    July RL = (0-0) +$0
    July O/U = (2-1) +$310
    July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
    July H+R+E = (3-1) +$610
    July Parlays = (2-1) +$820

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $36,755

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-10-2008, 06:04 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

One more play for tonight, I'm on the Royals with Greinke. He's been very solid at home, and has improved a lot since last year. The Roylas have handed the game away two nights in a row, having the winning run come in last night off a balk. I think they have the weapons ready tonight to stop the sweep at home. They've been hopping out to early leads in the first 2 games, and that will lead to a wins more often than not. Their set-up and closer routine with Mahay and Soria is still a very good and an unheralded combination. The thing I like about small market teams like KC is that they are constantly changing and improving their young talent. Historical trends should be viewed in light of this. I actually like the fact that the White Sox are 13-3 in Buehrles last 16 starts vs. Royals, and the Royals are 2-8 in Greinkes last 10 starts vs. White Sox. Sounds crazy I know, but Greinke and this young Royals crew are a year wiser, and have a better shot this time in my opinion. Having Jenks out doesn't hurt either, because he is the anchor of that pen. Good Luck.

KANSAS CITY ROYALS -115

*RISKING $415 TO WIN $360
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-10-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Ok, I thought about this one long and hard, because I don't normally play games when a pitcher is making his first start, but I'm justifying it by saying he's not a rookie and he threw a shutout in his last AA rehab start. I think that holds some weight. Florida has Uggla back, and this lineup is so deadly, I'd take them every night over the Dodgers (w/o Furcal & Pierre) despite their horrid K rate. Chan Ho has been dealing, hitting the 94-95 range like he did a few years back. But this doesn't mean he's going to be able to do that every start making his way back into the rotation, and I think he's going to have trouble if he tries to blow it by these Marlins bats. Chan Ho has only given up 1 ER in his two home starts, yet the Dodgers lost one of those games to the Indians 7-2. If that can happen, the Marlins can easily make it happen. The odds are just too big to lay off in my opinion. Good Luck.

FLORIDA MARLINS +135

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $485

Comment

sssswweeepppp
        NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Nice one Biff :thumbs: . Keep riding this great wave!!!

I.B

Comment

Thanks tampa... :th:

Just going to take it 1 day at a time I.B. :th:

Good to get back on track after last night and put together a 3-0 sweep. Marlins and Royals made it interesting, but Mahay and Soria put together a strong performance and the Sox fell apart w/o Jenks. Josh Johnson looked good for the first few innings, looks like he's made a full recovery from Tommy John. Back tomorrow.

--

July ML = (7-3) +$1,680
            July RL = (0-0) +$0
            July O/U = (2-1) +$310
            July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
            July H+R+E = (3-1) +$610
            July Parlays = (2-1) +$820

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $37,960

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300