~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 8th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 8th ~~

Winning last night, I got the Red Sox again tonight in the 2nd half of my parlay. I think they put up some bigger numbers tonight which shouldn't be hard to do. Blackburn's groundball numbers look good in the dome, but he becomes very hittable on the road. Twins also crawled into their shell as hoped, no reason to think they come out tonight as Lester has thrown a no-no at home. Enough said about that game.

I'm also on the Under in the Jays game. The Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings between these two teams, and is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Toronto. What could buck that trend tonight? How about two of the best Under pitchers from each team. The Under is 12-0-1 in McGowans last 13 starts as a home favorite, and the Under is 7-1 in Cabreras last 8 road starts vs. a team with a losing record. He's also gone Under in each of his last 3 starts. Enough trends though, Baltimore has been hot scoring 42 runs in it's past 6 games, while Toronto has only put up 18 in it's last 5 games. Important to note however that all those games for the O's were at home. McGowan has been like night and day with his home/road splits. Both teams have rested bullpens who have ERAs around 3, which is more than decent. Reason I'm not on the Jays, is they have a tendency to fall asleep in game 1 of a series posting 10-19 record so far this year. 9 of the last 10 games in this series have gone Over the total, the only one that didn't was the first game between these two this year when McGowan was on the mound. That was in Baltimore, I expect his numbers to improve at home. Should be a low scoring affair tonight. Good luck gents!

JULY 7th - 8th

BOSTON RED SOX - 2-GAME PARLAY (+160)

*RISKING $360 TO WIN $575

ORIOLES/BLUE JAYS - UNDER 9 (-105)

*RISKING $380 TO WIN $360

--

July ML = (4-1) +$1,195
    July RL = (0-0) +$0
    July O/U = (2-0) +$690
    July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
    July H+R+E = (3-1) +$610
    July Parlays = (1-1) +$245

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $37,280

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

I'm very close to trying to put together a Chicago parlay. The odds are close to +190. Contreras has fallen off enough I think that he's somehow comparable to Davies. Not in my book. Not yet. Dempster has been about as solid as it comes at Wrigley. Plus both teams have solid bullpens who have been getting the job done 9 out of 10 times when given the lead. I'm considering how cheesy it is to do a Chicago parlay, seems quite a few would find it fun to make that bet. I can't find this in my notes anywhere. Anyone got the records on same-city (chi, ny, la) records as favorites on the same day as division leaders? Dodgers just tied it up w/ the D-Backs yesterday so they could take it tonight... Ok, you can forget New York and their big payrolls. (By the way there's no better example that money can't buy you wins in my opinion.) Might be a trend I have to start keeping myself.

Jays are playing some sloppy ball tonight despite being one of the best fielding teams over the past few weeks. They've climbed all the way to 2nd, and yet two botched plays each leading to runs tonight and it's the 3rd. Hope they don't burn me with their gloves the whole game!
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-08-2008, 06:55 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

My unfortunate future sister-in-law made some rank chicken tonight... :puke: Made me sick for hours. Man does she suck.

At least the Red Sox came back and made it another profitable night.

--

July ML = (4-1) +$1,195
      July RL = (0-0) +$0
      July O/U = (2-1) +$310
      July Team O/U = (0-1) -$430
      July H+R+E = (3-1) +$610
      July Parlays = (2-1) +$820

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $37,475

1% Bet Amount = $360

Bet Change @ $39,900 / $33,300