Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUL. 4th ~~

Happy July 4th to everyone! :flag:

Today I'm trying my luck at another parlay...

I'm on the Twins with Livan, and let me say I'm not thrilled he's starting, but I think it is a very solid play only because he's facing another finesse pitcher in Byrd. Byrd currently holds the highest HR allowed in MLB with 21. Everyone knows about Byrd's success in the Metrodome, but based on his recent performance, I think he's in for a challenge today. However, this is more a bet on the pens, as Cleveland is going to start mixing things up, Borowski's days are numbered. These experimental periods while may be beneficial to Wedge, rarely produces W's. Twins will never be out of this game, and have as sure a thing as it gets with Nathan.

I'm also on the Braves, and I hope they can dodge the showers in the Atlanta area. Braves are on a 5 game losing streak that started with Hudson, makes sense it should end with Hudson. Needless to say the Braves are a good home team that haven't been winning, and the Stros are a poor .240 hitting team on the road. While Houston is very offensive like Philly who just swept the Braves, they aren't in this park as much, and don't have the pen to lock down close games. I'm looking for this guy Jason Perry to make an impact. He's been doing very well in the minors, and was a former A's prospect. He's filling in for a recently demoted Francoeur to AA Mississippi.

TWINS & BRAVES - 2-TEAM PARLAY (+175)

*RISKING $330 TO WIN $575

--

July ML = (1-0) +$330
    July RL = (0-0) +$0
    July O/U = (0-0) +$0
    July H+R+E = (2-0) +$660
    July Parlays = (0-1) -$330

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $35,630

1% Bet Amount = $330

Bet Change @ $36,300 / $29,700

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-04-2008, 06:03 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

GL today Biff! IMO the Indians are fade material right now, regardless of who's on the mound. Any thoughts on the A's tonight? I think this could be a close, low scoring game....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

From what I've seen from Blanton, I would be hard pressed to bet an under in a game he starts. I've been burnt by his horrific record twice this year already... I rarely let any pitcher strike me out with 3 consecutive losses before the ASB. He's got stuff to pitch 7+ innings each start, but he's been making some of the biggest mental mistakes I've ever seen from him this year. For being deemed the #1 guy at the start of the year, he's really been the #5 guy. Good Luck if you play the game Underdog! :thumbs:

Comment

Correction: Byrd leads the AL with HRs ... even more so now as NICK PUNTO DRIVES ONE OUT TO DEEP CENTER!!

1st HR since June 6th of last year.... :beer2:

Comment

One more tonight...

I just can't let this slip by. I hope it's not the beer talking, but I'm making a bet on this game on principle. These are two very good hitting offenses (Both in TOP 3 in NL in June), and Aramis is back for the Cubs. Two of the better hitting pitchers in the league on the mound if not the two best. Of coarse there is always a chance the Under will hit and Big Z and Looper are lights out all night like most of their previous starts in this series, but I see it a little differently tonight. I see Big Z coming off the DL in his first start vs. a hot hitting Cards team biting at their heels. We'll see...

CUBS/CARDINALS - H+R+E OVER 27 (-115)

*RISKING $380 TO WIN $330

Comment

Ended up being another low scoring game from these two with everyone swining at the first pitch. I wasn't counting but close to 60-70% of the batters swung at the first pitch tonight. Never going to see much scoring when that's happening. I guess they all had plans that night... parlay easily cashes however, and made it a very nice 4th of July. Byrd and the Cleveland chaos got smacked all around the dome... and I told you to watch out for this kid Perry, I knew he'd do something, and he played well all night including a RBI triple. Hope all you had a fun and safe one 4th as well. God Bless America, and good night. :thumbs:

--

July ML = (1-0) +$330
            July RL = (0-0) +$0
            July O/U = (0-0) +$0
            July H+R+E = (2-1) +$280
            July Parlays = (1-1) +$245

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $35,825

1% Bet Amount = $330

Bet Change @ $36,300 / $29,700

--
            Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-05-2008, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Couldn't sleep long, so I updated some splits for those interested... These are through July 4th. I'm posting these because I recommend everyone keep splits like these to track their results.

~~ BY BET TYPE

ML Favorites = (35-21)
              >> HOME FAVORITES = (26-12)

ML Underdogs = (26-33)
              >> HOME UNDERDOGS = (11-8)

RL Favorites = (2-5)
              RL Underdogs = (1-0) *ONLY GAME I BET ON THE GIANTS :th:

Totals Over = (4-6)
              Totals Under = (8-5)

H+R+E Over = (7-6)
              H+R+E Under = (4-1)

2-Team Parlays = (11-7)

~~ BY TEAM

BEST 3 PROFIT TEAMS

1) RAYS (7-1)
              2) BREWERS (7-2)
              3) METS (4-0) :eeek:

WORST 3 PROFIT TEAMS

1) BLUE JAYS (1-5)
              2) DODGERS (2-5)
              3) INDIANS (1-4)

3 MOST BET ON TEAMS * ALL 3 OF THESE SHOULD BE PROFITABLE

1) ATHLETICS (9-8)
              2) ROCKIES (9-7)
              3) BREWERS (7-2) & RANGERS (5-4)

* BY TEAM SPLITS DO NOT FACTOR IN PARLAYS (which would remove CLE)... AND HOME TEAMS ARE AWARDED WINS/LOSES FOR ANY TOTALS OR H+R+E PLAY
              Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-05-2008, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X