~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUN. 30th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUN. 30th ~~

I'm going to be busy later, so I'm putting all my plays in now, as I have a good idea what the lineups will be. Taking two plus odds bets, so I'm walking out of this month with some profit. Since I'm getting +200 odds on the parlay, I'm playing it for a slightly smaller amount.

Stults is coming into Houston with a weak offense right, and it's no better tonight now that Pierre is not in the lineup. Stults himself is a temporary AAA (Schmidt rehabbing) pitcher who's scuffled at the major league level. I think his chances of leaving stuff up in the zone to Houston's short porch in left and walking away with a QS are slim to none. Doesn't hurt to have Oswalt on the mound either. Although I didn't think he'd have any chance of 2 QS back to back, so we'll see... I'm out on a limb with that Stros pen.

I'm backing Davis tonight also as much as I'm going against Bush on the road. He's god awful, and the Brew Crew are coming off a shutout performance from Slowey. Arizona's offense has been subpar, which is rare seeing as they are finally healthy. Byrnes is just over-excited to be back and seems to be trying to force the long ball. After sitting last night to Chris Burke I think he'll be more focused at home tonight. He's a spark plug for that offense, and even if he's only 80% they need it. Plus, if the Dbacks get ahead there could be a Gagne appearance... exciting!

Oakland comes into Anaheim off a fresh beat down by the Giants. First a 1-0 shutout then the 11-1 blowout. Angels are coming in on a likewise situation first losing 0-1 giving up no hits, then winning 1-0 off a Lackey gem. Tonight, it's Smith and Garland. Someone has got to give up some hits, and I think it's Garland. Smith can keep this Angels team quiet on the paths. I'm somewhat hoping that the A's can wake up, but Chavez should be back and so is R. Sweeney. The sooner M. Sweeney gets back and D. Barton goes back to AAA the better, but I like my chances now, especially with plus odds. Good Luck tonight fellers!

JUNE 30th

ASTROS & DIAMONDBACKS - 2-TEAM PARLAY (+205)

*RISKING $200 TO WIN $410

OAKLAND ATHLETICS +125

*RISKING $330 TO WIN $415

--

June ML = (14-15) -$10
    June RL = (1-0) +$300
    June O/U = (3-4) -$405
    June H+R+E = (4-2) +$600
    June Parlays = (4-2) +$1,095

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,145

1% Bet Amount = $330

Bet Change @ $36,300 / $29,700

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Lets keep this bit of Irish luck rollin Biff! :thumbs:

I.B

Comment

Wow...haha..... For absolutely no particular reason, I just had a very strong feeling you'd be on Oak. Like them a lot also but wanted to see if you were on board before playing it. Leaned to AZ but took the over, and big shocker, I'm on Hou as well. Hopefully Roy keeps slinging it like he has recently. Read when he was struggling that he threw BP to Berkman for help. He was trying to take some off his FB & throw more off-speed stuff this year to cut the load on his arm, hoping to lengthen his career. Berkman told him it really wasn't like he used to throw, and since then, he's been much better now that he's just going right at people. Didn't mean for this long a post, GL tonight! :thumbs:
      NFL YTD: 0-0-0 (0.00 Units)
      NCAAF YTD: 1-0-0 (+0.45 Units)

Comment

Biff,

:chaching: :chaching: . Great end to the month for you. What a comeback after a rough start. I admired your patience throughout :thumbs:

Roll on July :beerbang:

I.B

Comment

Thanks I.B.... I appreciate your vote of confidence. :thumbs:

It took quite awhile for me to learn how to become disciplined in my betting strategy... you've got to roll with the punches and not take them personally. Stay focused and not get to wrapped up in how you've done the past couple days. Betting is just like sports in that hot & cold streaks are quite frequent, and if you're thinking about the last play you botched, you're going to botch another one. First thing to do is accept that things will work out the way they should in the end, and at no point is a game any more or any less than 50% luck. Then all you have to do is master the 50% you do have control over... which is hard has hell... but it can be done!

Another clean sweep with the Astros, D-backs, and A's all winning quite handily. :thumbs:

--

June ML = (15-15) +$405
          June RL = (1-0) +$300
          June O/U = (3-4) -$405
          June H+R+E = (4-2) +$600
          June Parlays = (5-2) +$1,505

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,970

1% Bet Amount = $330

Bet Change @ $36,300 / $29,700

--
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 07-01-2008, 05:50 AM.
          "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Congratulations, Biff.

I, as well am thoroughly impressed with your money management. There is a lot to be said for your consistant success. :smclap:

Keep up the good work!:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X