~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUN. 29th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUN. 29th ~~

I'm really thinking about betting on the Brew Crew again. Better pitching matchup yet the line is virtually the same? The Twins are a little more dangerous against RHP, and have been playing well. I also like Haren up against the Marlins w/o Uggla. They scare me in day road games however. For now, I can't ignore the O's glaring advantages.

Despite the fact that the Nats are 1-9 in games that Bergmann has started, the Nats are officially beat to ****. Bergmann actually tops Lannen's 2.6 with only getting 2.5 runs per game on average. They're having trouble scoring runs and just lost one of their only recent run producers in Milledge. Nationals are 2-13 in Bergmanns last 15 starts when they score 2 runs or less in their previous game. Now, take a look at this lineup. Where's the production going to come from? Their starting 3rd (Zimmerman), 4th (Johnson), 5th (Milledge), and 6th (Kearns) hitters are on the DL now.

NATIONALS

R. Bernadina cf // (AA call-up)
    C. Guzman ss // .312
    E. Dukes rf // .257
    A. Boone 1b // .262 (sore knee)
    K. Casto 3b // .209
    W. Pena lf // .215
    W. Harris 2b // .186
    W. Nieves c // .274
    (pitcher)

BENCH
    P. Orr 3b // .111
    F. Lopez 2b // .243
    R. Belliard 3b // .205
    D. Young 1b // .267
    P. Lo Duca lf // .194
    J. Flores c // .287

One trend that I've been watching is the O's play on Sundays. The Orioles haven't won on a Sunday since the first week of the season, losing on their past 11 Sunday games in a row. I don't think there can be an easier opponent today than the Nations to put up a W on a Sunday. Their bullpen is well rested with Cormier tossing 4 relief innings of 1 hit ball yesterday. When leading after 8 innings, the Orioles are 32-0 so far this year. That's amazing and 100% due to Johnson and Sherrill shutting teams down. Complete confidence in this bullpen this year.

What do the Nats have going for them? They've been at home for a week and are averaging 3 runs per game and only 11 total extra base hits. That's not going to win games for them w/ that bullpen. Also, not that they are still in contention, but Washington is flying to Miami after the game... possible look ahead strategy to the division series. Speaking of... Nats haven't won a series at home since May 1-4 against Pittsburgh. They're hitting .228 the last 5 games (6-for-31 w/ RISP). Slugging .373, and an OBP% of .307. They are rightfully the NL's worst offense and aren't getting any better today. Defense isn't doing much better with 8 errors in the last 5 games. And Nats backstops are only gunning down 10% of runners. Hopefully Roberts can take advantage as he was the only O's starter to not get a hit last night. I have no reason to think there won't be a repeat from last night. Looks like the game is going to get some rain, but the bad stuff isn't coming til around 4 PM. Hopefully they can get it in before then.

JUNE 29th

BALTIMORE ORIOLES -120

*RISKING $395 TO WIN $330

--

June ML = (14-14) +$385
    June RL = (1-0) +$300
    June O/U = (2-4) -$735
    June H+R+E = (4-2) +$600
    June Parlays = (4-2) +$1,095

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,195

1% Bet Amount = $330

Bet Change @ $36,300 / $29,700

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

BREWCREW FOR ME!
    NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

you and me both needed that solo shot

1 Unit = $50

Comment

that FREAKING HURT

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Yep. Rough one... surprised it was 1-1 at the end of 9, but even more surprised that it was Sherrill who gave up the two run bomb w/ 2 outs in the 12th to Belliard after getting the lead in the top half. I think every time I do these write-ups I jinx myself. I'll try and keep 'em short from now on I guess. I figure I would share my thoughts in more detail on the weekends when I have time. Still looking at the Cubs game. I like the Under, but I still need some more convincing.
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 06-29-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

ya the game looks very tricky

1 Unit = $50

Comment

personally i lean on the cubs, i think they are 10-2 afe losing consecutive games. Cubs hit LHP well, so i woul worry on the Over

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Good Luck whatever you play tampa. :thumbs:
                I'd be weary of following trends like that tonight however. This game is in a category of it's own w/ revenge sweep on the line.

For me, I'm on the Under tonight. Not going to delve into reasons why, because that bit me in the ass in the O's game giving praise to Sherrill. Good Luck tonight for those w/ action! This one clicked over to plus odds right at game time, and I couldn't lay off.

CUBS/WHITE SOX - UNDER 9 (+105)

*RISKING $330 TO WIN $345

Comment

Best of luck Biff. I am thinking along the same lines. :beerbang:

I.B

Comment

We got 'em again Biff :thumbs:

Brigade

Comment

Indeed we did I.B. :thumbs:

I have to thank the Cubs #1 NL offense for only putting up 1 run tonight. They made the rare Sherrill blown save sting a little less. Extra inning blown saves always suck just a little bit more. Sometimes arguably the leagues best closer this year throws a meat pitch on a 1-2 count with 2 outs in the bottom of the 12th after taking the lead 2-1. But that's baseball, and that's why I love and hate it. Back tomorrow.

--

June ML = (14-15) -$10
                      June RL = (1-0) +$300
                      June O/U = (3-4) -$405
                      June H+R+E = (4-2) +$600
                      June Parlays = (4-2) +$1,095

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $34,145

1% Bet Amount = $330

Bet Change @ $36,300 / $29,700

--