~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUN. 15th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - JUN. 15th ~~

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

Well after getting goosed last night I'm back today with a couple plays. Today the A's have the "How many hits" promotion, which offers A's fans a $1 discount on selected seats for the home game on June 22 against Florida for every hit the team collects in the final game at AT&T Park. The first time the A's announced the promotion this season, Oakland collected their highest hit total in nearly three years. The A's rocked the Angels with 20 hits in a 15-8 win, knocking $24 Plaza Level seats down to $4. Jack Cust and Emil Brown each did their part in helping fans save some bucks -- they tallied four hits while five other players had at least two. Correia is coming back making his first starts since April, so they picked a good day. Eveland has walked 13 batters in his last two starts. Now I realize those don't help me with this H+R+E bet, but I think he'll do much better today. He knows he has to throw strikes or his job may be given to Gaudin, so that should form into some hits for the Giants. All in all this number "seems" too high for the total, but that's part of the thinking I have behind it.

I'm also on the Over in the Sunday Night game like I know everyone will be, but I put this play in last night before it clicked over to 9, so hopefully it'll reach that magic number. Basically I don't see Campillo keeping a 2 ERA as a starter, and Saunders is slowly falling back to earth and will get the boot when Escobar comes back if he ever does. Hoping this one goes over before the pens come in, but even then Atlanta is stretched as thin as it gets right now. Good Luck! :thumbs:

JUNE 15th

ATHLETICS/GIANTS - H+R+E - OVER 27½ (+105)

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $315

BRAVES/ANGELS - OVER 8½ (-105)

*RISKING $315 TO WIN $300

--

June ML = (7-10) -$735
    June RL = (0-0) +$0
    June O/U = (0-2) -$690
    June H+R+E = (2-1) +$270
    June Parlays = (0-2) -$600

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $3,795

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Wow. Only the 2nd inning and 4 balls hit near the warning track... yet only 2 hits.. hope some of those start dropping.

80% of the ball hit in play have been smacked as hard as they could be. This game should have 10 hits already at least.

FINAL TALLY... 27 H+R+E.... Burnt by the hook... Unbelievable... :bang:
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 06-15-2008, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm not making a 3rd play because I got burnt this afternoon. I'm making a 3rd play because the Braves have pulled something together here in Anaheim, and with odds like this I'm going to ride it. Wishful thinking, but I'm looking for the Braves to put up 6-7 runs themselves.

ATLANTA BRAVES +145

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $435

Comment

Got similar picks to yours Biff. Lets get 'em :beerbang:

Brigade

Comment

Tough night Brigade.

I have to hand it to Saunders, I really thought he could be on his way out when he fell apart in his last start. I really thought the Braves offense would stay motivated on the road with ESPN Sunday Night coverage. I was wrong. Risky play, but I felt it was worth it. The Braves ML just got too big for me to lay off. Saunders kept the ball down and the Braves clammed up. Just gotta eat the facts.

Always frustrating to make 1 of 3 plays yesterday picking the only one that doesn't cash followed by today taking a stab at all 3 (although Atlanta really was a #4-5) and not hitting any. Thus is baseball, where in most contests one or two at-bats decides the game. Like Francoeur's AB with men on 2nd and 3rd (hitting .500 on the year in that situation.) The very thing that can make baseball frustrating to bet on is the very thing that makes it great. For a game of averages, it can produce highly inconsistent results from day to day. I've had a 3 week cold, but it's nothing I haven't had before. I've dipped below .500 for the first time since early April, but luckily I'm saying this in mid-June and not mid-August. I Hope everyone else had a profitable Fathers Day.

--

June ML = (7-11) -$1,035
          June RL = (0-0) +$0
          June O/U = (0-3) -$1,005
          June H+R+E = (2-2) -$30
          June Parlays = (0-2) -$600

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $29,880

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--