KC Royals +135
    LA Angels -140

Boston/Reds over 9 +105
    Texas/NY Mets over 9 (gm 1) -110
    Texas/NY Mets over 9.5 (gm 2) -105
    Oakland/SF Giants over 8 +100
    LA Angels/Atlanta over 8.5 -120

2 units each

The Mets/Texas matchups feature pretty much nothing but garbage and/or over the hill pitching from starters to the back of the pens, imo. Combined with 2 teams that can hit, I cannot see a very good chance of both games going under, but i could certainly see both games going over, especially considering both bullpens are complete ****. Looking for a split at the worst with those two totals, both of which i cannot believe are not at least 10.5.

Gabbard's day numbers are crap as well (even worse than the rest of his crappy numbers, lol), or I would have played Texas in game 2 on the ml.

The Angels very rarely get swept at home, and the Braves are statistically the worst road team in baseball. At -140, I have to take a shot that the Braves return to their 20 something percent road winning percentage and the Angels avoid the rare home sweep.

KC and Minny are just simply taking underdog odds on what I feel is the stronger AL team.

The Pirates bullpen sucks, and I will continue to fade it on the road at such short numbers, especially when i'm getting the better overall team and, when he's on with his control, the better SP as well.

The Cards and Dodgers plays are fades of Robertson and Myers, respectively, at dog odds. I don't much trust the Dodgers right now, and I'm not wild about going against Detroit on a 5 game winning streak, but, the pitching numbers say the Dodgers are a steal at a dog price today, as i believe they will score their share, so hopefully their pitching is a little better today than yesterday.

I think Homer probably gets lit up today by Boston, who is a team who feasts on a guy who can't control his pitches as Homer has clearly not been able to throughout his mlb career to this point....and Beckett has been nothing special all season either. Add 2 struggling/average bullpens and 2 potentially potent offenses, and asking for a min of 4 runs per side doesn't seem like much.

With Eveland walking everyone in sight, and Correia coming off the DL and a bottom half of the league bullpen behind him, I see both teams getting their share today, which is why i opted for the over. Huge bullpen advantage for OAK though (I'd be surprised to see either starter go past 5 innings), which is why I also added OAK on the ml.

I think that's all of them....lol

GL Stif... pretty much agree with every play. :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

happy father's day stif. here's to one of those 12-0 days:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
      X