~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 26th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 26th ~~

After thinking long and hard I've decided to take some day time action. The likely possibility of no Marmol or Saito today made me think about the over, but I liked the plus odds better. Dempster has been fine, but his one good recent start was against the Padres who have a very weak stock right now. Billingsley seems to be going in the right direction by cutting down on his walks and not at the cost of sacrificing his Ks. Only 7 hits in his last 14 innings (7 v. MIL and 7 v. CIN) is very impressive. He hasn't run into this Cubbies lineup much before, and hasn't has any troubles when he has. Cubbies are more than likely a fan favorite on Memorial Day, and I know the money is flowing in the books today as the Cubs are 7-0 in Dempsters last 7 home starts. I'm taking the other side naturally. Happy Memorial Day boys!

MAY 26th

LOS ANGELES DODGERS +115

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $345

--

May ML = (17-16) +$520
    May RL = (1-3) -$570
    May O/U = (3-4) -$420
    May H+R+E = (2-2) -$150
    May Parlays = (4-2) +$1,155

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,385

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

That was a tough game. Besides that Lee HR, Billingsley pitched really well. Dempster started to tire a bit in the 4th IMO, missed spots and left a couple up, but LAD was at the bottom of their lineup that inning and then stranded some more in the 5th. Just couldn't get anything solid going... Oh, and the SD game yesterday, I watched a little but fell asleep sometime after the 11th or so. I'm the type that can usually watch any baseball game, but it was pretty slow going. GL Biff! :thumbs:
    NFL YTD: 0-0-0 (0.00 Units)
    NCAAF YTD: 1-0-0 (+0.45 Units)

Comment

Covorca... Dodgers had them loaded three innings and no runs. That's pathetic.

I like the Phillies against this horrid Rockies team right now, but they shut down the Mets. Don't think De La Rosa will be as fortunate as Cook, but the -200 has killed any value. I do like the Mets to bounce back today, and they need to out hit this team if they want to win. I'm sure they all know that, cause the Fins will get theirs. Mets have all had success against Nolasco, so I like an over play in this game. I seem to have fallen for these H+R+E plays this month, but I'm taking this one because I don't like the hook on the total. I like a couple tonight, so I may have one more tonight.

MARLINS/METS - TOTAL H+R+E - OVER 28½ (-115)

*RISKING $345 TO WIN $300

Comment

Late breaking play tonight, I like the Tigers to put up some bigger numbers against the Halos. I'm not convinced by Garland's recent success. Detroit saw a lot of him in Chicago. Angels lineup is still missing it's two spark plugs, a big reason I'm taking this bet. Hope it isn't a battle of the pens, cause Tigers won't win that battle most nights. This is somewhat of a loose play, but I'm really liking the plus odds in a game I think they should be favored. Angels lineup isn't scaring anyone... even Rogers I hope. They have 1 player hitting over .280 (Kotchman).

DETROIT TIGERS +115

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $345

Comment

Wow. What a day of baseball. I lay of the Phillies for the Tigers. That was my first mistake, but that game was just ridiculous. Neither team deserved to win, especially not off a walk. Shame I was on the wrong side.

--

May ML = (17-18) -$80
          May RL = (1-3) -$570
          May O/U = (3-4) -$420
          May H+R+E = (3-2) +$150
          May Parlays = (4-2) +$1,155

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,085

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-27-2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X