~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 24th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 24th ~~

The first one for me today is a risky road doggie again. Normally a 2-week layoff between starts would scare me off, but in Trachsel's case it think it was a good idea. He was getting rocked and losing confidence. Trembley doesn't have any intention of putting him in the pen or sending him down, so he had to pick this spot to get him a game where he could have some success. Both teams are hitting poorly currently, but I think both should break out somewhat today. Jackson has never laid this much chalk in his career, and with his recent success he's climbed into the "money pitchers" category for some people, not me. Much like the Rangers last night, this is a value pick as it should be around the -140/+130 range in my mind.

MAY 24th

BALTIMORE ORIOLES +160

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $480

--

May ML = (16-15) +$475
    May RL = (1-2) -$270
    May O/U = (3-4) -$420
    May H+R+E = (2-1) +$195
    May Parlays = (3-2) +$795

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,625

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

I hate you Kevin Millar. You better make up for that. Took at least 1 run away from a first inning disaster by Edwin Jackson walking the bases loaded. Really helped him out by intentionally giving them a DP. If you get a chance to look at this game, look at Kevin Millar insisting on being tagged out by Pena in the first inning and depriving his team of 1+ runs. Unbelievable.

Comment

Ok I got two more on tap, so this puts me at 3 plays. Another play tonight is pretty unlikely despite having my eye on a couple bets. I'm riding the Giants tonight, and this might be the last time I do it. Cain can dominate a team like the Marlins, and with their record, I'm sure they're drawing plenty of money at home against the Giants as a small fave. Badenhop doesn't have a K pitch, and Cain can add a 9th solid bat. Giants are finally healthy (minus Roberts) and the Marlins could be reeling a little bit, because the Giants have won the last 5 meetings in Florida. I like the Giants tonight if the Marlins are on their heels, plus money makes the decision a little easier. Hope I'm not trap bait.

My second play is back on there from last night at a little lower price and total needed. Two more contact pitchers who've struggled in Myers and Moehler. If half the hits drop tonight that were hit last night this one is way over. Need the Astros 3/4/5 to step up tonight, and I like my chances against them being shut down on back to back nights at home. Not chasing, just making what I feel is a solid bet once again.

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS +115

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $345

PHILLIES/ASTROS - TOTAL H+R+E - OVER 30 (-115)

*RISKING $345 TO WIN $300

Comment

Only way I'll have a later play is if the Giants get rained out... in case anybody was wondering why I didn't just parlay those two together. I heard the game would start on time, but I'm watching it and the tarp is on the field.

Looks like the time to work on his delivery Trachsel didn't work on his stuff, which was pretty bad today. Score division is much worse that it should be. Couple bad plays in the outfield, and 1st inning momentum drop from Baltimore have made is a blood bath early... but heck the game isn't over and Jackson is far from cruising. Good Luck tonight boys.

UPDATE ON THE GIANTS PLAY... it is still valid if Cain starts. He is the only one who has warmed up. Badehop is out, but all my ML and RL wagers are dependent on my starting pitcher only. Unless I'm strictly fading the opponents pitcher which is very rare, I will choose action for all opponents.
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-24-2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Not sure what is going on with the Marlins game... I know the field is soaked. However, that bet will ride unless it is PPD.

I made this play shortly after the Giants in lieu of a immanent PPD in that game... and with no action yet, I'm going to let it ride. Getting the same odds on the team across the bay, and they are at home which is big. Duchscherer is constantly looking for benchmarks as a starter, and defeating Beckett and the Red Sox is definitely one of them. Beckett hasn't been consistent this year, and no Manny in the lineup... the A's have the momentum here and a solid bullpen to keep the lead.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS +115

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $345
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-24-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

An exact replica of the game last night between the Phillies and the Stros. A lot of hard hit ball caught, and lack of any drive to win by the Phillies. Got burned twice in two games that could have easily gone my way. Nice throw by Erstad to gun Feliz at the plate. If they cut that and he scores, I more than likely hit my bet. Just gotta eat those two.

A's have found a gem in Duchscherer. Not worried about all the pop outs, he went at Boston the right way. He throws cut stuff at them inside and jammed them all night long.

Weekends have turned sour on me recently, hope I can pull a couple needles tomorrow.

--

May ML = (17-16) +$520
            May RL = (1-2) -$270
            May O/U = (3-4) -$420
            May H+R+E = (2-2) -$150
            May Parlays = (3-2) +$795

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,325

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000
            Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-24-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X