~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 13th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 13th ~~

I've been real cold with parlays. Sad to admit I'm 0-3 so far this year, and every single one of them went 1-1. So, your best bet might be to bet against both favorites and come up with some change. Nats at +190 is a lot of change. However, as always I'm confident I think today could be the day I get hot.

I like the Dodger game a lot tonight. I think the Blue should put up a low scoring win. Play on the Padres with Estes coming back is tempting. Seems like veteran comebacks go a lot more smoothly than rookie call-ups. They've been there before so they know what to expect. At 35 years old, Estes knows what to expect. I think alot of people will get hooked on the Cubs numbers against a lefty. Some might not even know who Estes is, so it makes a solid value at +160 In my opinion. But for starters...

Nats came up with some very rare clutch hitting last night. Chances of lightning striking twice in two nights on the road? They've plagued my bankroll the past week, and I put the challenge to them to keep it up at Shea. All this jabber about the Nats hootin' and hollerin' in the dugout last night and Figueroa getting mad makes me believe the Mets are fired up. We'll see if it makes any difference.

As for the Phillies... Jo Jo Reyes left his last start early with a blister on his finger. Blisters are not something that just go away. They tenderize the skin, so once you get them they become much easier to get. He's off usual 5 days rest, but that doesn't take any red flags down for me. Also, no Texiera at 1st tonight either. I'm not a big fan of Kendrick, but he's done 200% better at home. He's getting his K rate up and BB rate down, everything points to him going in the right direction. Good Luck. Back in a bit. :thumbs:

MAY 13th

METS & PHILLIES - 2-TEAM ML PARLAY (+155)

*RISKING $300 to win $465

--

May ML = (11-10) +$330
    May RL = (0-1) -$345
    May O/U = (1-1) +$0
    May H+R+E = (1-0) +$300
    May Parlays = (0-2) -$600

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $31,530

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Phillies out to a poor start ... jinxed parlays? :beer2:

I had a tough time deciding on whether I liked the Under more, but the Brewers have a pen in shambles, and closer by committee bullpens usually aren't the strongest, so I'm taking the boys in Blue for even money. I also like the Padres, but with that total, I had to tell myself, the Pads are going to need 5-6 runs... tough call there. I also like the Royals, but it's a similar situation. Big offense against little offense. I like being on teams that have a chance if they get down early. I don't put the Royals or Padres in that category.

LOS ANGELES DODGERS +100

*RISKING $300 to win $300

Comment

GL bro... :toast:

Comment

Johnny... :cheers:

Well the parlay hits, but the Under cashes in instead of the Dodgers. San Diego and Kansas City both cashed in, I just made the wrong bet once again out of the 4 that I liked. Making the wrong bets has killed my bankroll so far this season. Nights like this is what makes me what to bet 3 games everyday, but hopefully this is a problem that will become less evident at the season goes on. Back tomorrow.

--

May ML = (11-11) +$30
        May RL = (0-1) -$345
        May O/U = (1-1) +$0
        May H+R+E = (1-0) +$300
        May Parlays = (1-2) -$135

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $31,695

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM.

Comment

The "other" ones might not have won...but playing 1-3 plays a night in bases might be right in the long run... I'm following your lead on that one...KC tonight was great....Grienke is the best value pitcher to date......the less plays per night seems to be working lately 4 me, and I followed you on that. 2 best plays. maybe an add-on. Gold.

Bases and Canadian football (obscure but a huge moneymaker) are usually my best profits over the past 10 years...but I've had had a bad start to mlb...gotta work my way back...I rolled up my offshore bankroll huge with 2007 NFL and NBA seasons (although I cashed out and bought a sony flatscreen with my crazy 80 unit NFL profit) but I gave alot back with a bad NHL season (all hockey cappers got killed in 2007) ...and I don't want MLB to take a hit on it too. Just saying...glad to have you here to make some money on bases, cause from the day you joined here you said mlb was your specialty, and I like your mlb capping skills...more solid cappers here...the better.

Cheers "biff"...

:beerbang:
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-13-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

bump for this.

Well said.

Comment

Working...
            X