~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 9th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 9th ~~

Well, I'm feeling good and loose today, not sure if that's a good thing. But I got my work done early and ready for Friday night. I might... just might have 3-4 plays tonight. So far it seems like a card I can play with a bunch. But for now just this one.

What can I say... Roy has been dealing right? Man the guy is a machine but sometimes machines break down. The guy has been throwing like there is no tomorrow. It might not be tonight, but it seems soon. He usually sees 3-4 scored against the Jays anyways, so that might be enough tonight. Jays couldn't put it away last night at home, could be a hangover.

On the other hand C.C. is 0-4 at home where he put on a show last year. Familiar setting for him in Game 1 of a series on friday night, seems like a good time for him to shine again. Toronto's pen was pretty taxed last night, and Cleveland's offense has been dormant. Hafner is back in the lineup tonight after two days off, a little bit lower in the lineup could get some pressure off him. Jays have Mench in the 5 hole? First game of the year? If I get beat tonight my bet is because of him. He hasn't faced C.C. so we'll see how that pans out. Good Luck. :th:

MAY 9th

CLEVELAND INDIANS -115

*RISKING $345 TO WIN $300

--

May ML = (7-5) +$735
    May RL = (0-1) -$345
    May O/U = (1-1) +$0
    May H+R+E = (1-0) +$300

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,535

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

I said I was feeling loose, and it made me do something I'm not proud about, but I've been on this team the past three days and they've gone 1-2. I'm going to ride with them one more day so they can make amends. I remember when Redding came up with the Stros and was 1 year away from the majors. Well he did good the year that he was in the rotation the whole year, but he was used in alot of spot starts and just fell apart the one year he was in New York in 05. He came up and started with Washington last year and he's retained the job to this year. This does alot for a pitchers confidence and it clearly shows. Conversely, Nolasco has battled injuries and hasn't performed at the same level for a couple years. Nats were dealing at home before those two blown games in Houston. I think this a realatively cheap price given everything. Marlins offense can't win 90 games. I don't like laying this much, but sometimes I feel you have to play the fringe. Doesn't hurt going against the lowest payroll in MLB when they are in first place playing the last place team in a division game. Right? I'm making a play on a 2nd favorite because I will have one more tonight.

WASHINGTON NATIONALS -135

*RISKING $405 to win $300
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-09-2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Well, the Nats really blew up in 6th. Fins have been getting runs and have not hit a HR. Go figure. I would not have put Redding back out there, and just pinch hit for him leading off in the bottom of the 5th, but whatever Acta. I hope the Tribe can hang on for me, they've been doing some good business in the 7th.

I like two more favorites tonight (glup), but no way I'm eating the chalk in either so I'm wrapping them up in a parlay in hopes the aces shine. Rockies got some momentum yesterday, but Peavy is the ultimate momentum stopper. As for the Phils, they got a very good lineup together finally in there against a guy who gives up gophers more than anything. Good Luck tonight. :th:

PADRES & PHILLIES - ML PARLAY (+160)

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $480

Comment

Hey, Biff!

Good luck tonight. I tailed your Cleveland play, missed the Washington play, but I'm with ya on the parlay. I like both teams to win, but the chalk is too much. Good idea on the parlay. We gotta get you to cross that $3k barrier.

Murph

Comment

Thanks Murph. :th:
          Glad you missed another blow job by Washington. ******* Nationals.

Rollins and Victorino better make up for these 3 runs dammit. Should have been ZERO. :bang:

HELLO! Rollins got his redemption... Victorino is up! ... ground ball. Lame.
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-09-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

The minute Peavy gave up that second run, the game was over. SD's offense is horrid. As I type this, Kouz hits a solo HR in the 9th. Two times previously, when up with 1 out and 2 on, he hit into DP's. Fuentes will shut down the next two guys.

With Philly, even when they fell behind by a few, their offense is capable of picking them up.

Murph

Comment

Yep, just one bad inning ruined that game for me Murph. As Soon as I saw the Rockies get 3 in that inning I knew the Padres lost. Just from knowing that no way the game would get to 9 runs. Just a tough break. Cook got himself into a lot of trouble and the Padres couldn't have helped him out more. I'll just focus on getting winners and the 3K mark will come.

Just updating the records...

--

May ML = (8-6) +$630
              May RL = (0-1) -$345
              May O/U = (1-1) +$0
              May H+R+E = (1-0) +$300
              May Parlays = (0-1) -$300

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,130

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
              Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-10-2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X