~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 8th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 8th ~~

The more I wanted to play the Rockies AGAIN today I thought about it and I just couldn't come to terms with putting any trust in De La Rosa who just came over from the Royals AAA. The Cards are not AAA team right now. He's been hit hard his whole career in the bigs, I don't expect anything new in Denver today.

Lohse is another guy who's been playing way above his level. He's been in the NL for awhile now and there haven't been results. That's why he was just hanging out before Spring Training, he had no team. He got spots all over ESPN, and for what going 3-0 with a mid 3 ERA? Seemed way premature in all the Cards hoopla with their great start.

I think this one sails over, could come close to 10 runs in the first 5 I'm hoping. If not, these are two teams that have an ugly back corner of the bullpen. Over is 17-8 in Cardinals last 25 during game 4 of a series. Over is 9-4 in Rockies last 13 during game 4 of a series. These seem like just the two teams to get in slugfests when they got some guys throwing fastballs over the plate in a game 4.

So no Rockies play today, just taking an Over instead... but not the kind you are thinking. If this one does get to 11 runs, I don't think there is any way for this proposition bet not to hit. The general rule of thumb in MLB is there is 2 times as many hits as runs. So I'd need 11 runs at least... 11*2 = 22 +11 = 33 + any additional errors. Now give me two contact pitchers in a hitters park and with two offensive teams and this makes a of of sense to me to think the hits would be ABOVE average today if not the score (Rockies are not hitting well with RISP). I know some books might not offer props. I get this at an offshore account (Bookmaker). I recommend the Over in the total as well, I'm just mixing things up because I'm in a funk. I bet a little $50 on the Over 26 yesterday in the A's game, and that one sailed over. I hope I have some of the same luck in this one today. Good Luck Boys!

MAY 8th

CARDINALS/ROCKIES - TOTAL H+R+E - OVER 32 (-115)

*RISKING $345 TO WIN $300

--

May ML = (6-5) +$390
    May RL = (0-1) -$345
    May O/U = (1-1) +$0
    May H+R+E = (0-0) +$0

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $31,890

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Interesting play to make Biff. I went with the Cards as a De La Rosa fade, but this makes sense to me so I'm tailing. GL to us :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Underdog... I hope this one is an easy cash. Let's hope the Rox keep sluggin away. And figures the one day I don't bet on the Rockies they bring out the sticks early. Oh well, if they get 20 hits I won't complain, cause I got the same -115 odds. I'd sure like your Cards to start hitting, for both our sakes. :th:

Look at De La Rosa setting them down, he better not throw the game of his career today. :beer2:
      Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-08-2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Well, it wasn't as easy as I had hoped, but the prop. bet cashes. Took awhile, but the Rockies finally woke up. So for this next one, after the past two days, no explanation is needed... just a prayer. Taking it again because they are still at plus odds despite Houston trying to make some history. Backe's 1:1 BB to K ratio should give the Nats some opportunities, and Stros pen has been a little too good lately. I'll admit they are playing good ball offensively, but on any day they could go cold, and I was almost positive it would be against Washington. More like on any given day Berkman and Lee could go cold, I hope that day is today. Looking for a Rauch appearence today. Somehow we haven't seen him despite the Nats having the lead late in both games. I don't think Manny Acta will let another one slip away. So here's my last stab at this one... God... Help Me! :help:

WASHINGTON NATIONALS +115

*RISKING $300 to win $345

Comment

Really want to pull the trigger on Texas. Nobody in that Seattle lineup is hitting .300 and Gabbard has been all good so far. Young is missing, but that's something they can overcome I feel. Hernandez has been very hittable the past two games... solid, solid value at +165 in my opinion. However, if the Nats hold on that's 2-0 and I guess I'll have to bank on them not blowing another one. Holding my breath.

Comment

HEY THE NATS DID IT! I guess it's easier when Rauch comes in! :thumbs:

Texas is looking good early. Could have made it a huge day (reached my 3K mark) if I pulled winner with them, but I'll take the 2-0. I'll have plenty of opportunities this weekend to nail it. Back tomorrow.

--

May ML = (7-5) +$735
            May RL = (0-1) -$345
            May O/U = (1-1) +$0
            May H+R+E = (1-0) +$300

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,535

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--