~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 5th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 5th ~~

I want to keep it to one play today, but I really like the Tigers in this spot with the way Bonderman has handled the Sox. I won't be betting on them, but getting them at home with plus money after yesterdays fiasco is very good value in my opinion. Dice-K must be keeping the Sox a favorite. I just can't handle that bullpen against the Red Sox and their crap wins. For those of you who love fade material, I've seen Brandon Lang was on the Sox the past two days and won... he's on them again today. I'll be back later, I've got my eye on one game and I think it's ripe for the picking. Good Luck on Monday. :thumbs:

--

May ML = (5-1) +$1,290
    May RL = (0-1) -$345
    May O/U = (1-1) +$0

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,790

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-05-2008, 05:59 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Ok, I'm 0 for 2 going for this first 3K mark, so I'd like to hit this damn thing and move on. Good Luck tonight. :thumbs:

Rangers have quietly been playing good ball with their young outfield. I got a good look at Boggs, Hamilton, and Murphy this weekend and despite them making some run costing errors, they all showed some decent pop. I think the middle of this lineup can bounce back after getting mowed down by Smith yesterday. Washburn is a much more hittable lefty, in fact Mariners are 0-4 in Washburns last 4 starts vs. Rangers. Now for Millwood... the Rangers have lost his last 12 road starts. Now you gotta think of each game in an individual event, kinda like roulette, but based on his track record, I can't even fathom what the odds would be on it going to 13. A case can be made about how bad the Rangers are bad on the road, and their starting pitching is horrid. Well, for the most part they are, but Millwood is one little star they have left. He's been knocked around in the past few outtings after a solid start, only reason I think he's a dog tonight. I like him on the road more than I do at home. Seems like an easy pick for the home team Mariners "by the numbers" and at a low price that has only gotten cheaper. Must not forget the Mariners are coming home from an east coast trip. I'm looking for a nice night from Michael Young. I picked him to continue my 14-game streak for the MLB Beat the Streak. How's everybody else doing in that? Any decent streaks?

MAY 5th

TEXAS RANGERS +110

*RISKING $300 to win $330

Comment

Don't like seeing you opposite on the Texas game, and you make some valid points for sure, like always.

I like the way you cap your games, and how you dig deeper and beneath the surface to try and find winners. I'm sure I don't speak for just myself when i say your insight is always much appreciated. Keep up the good work and keep posting the winners :thumbs:

Comment

I appreciate the kind words Stifler. I'm here to try and do what I can to help. I love sports, baseball especially, for making it possible for me to get paid for what I consider a hobby. Make it worth my time... I consider it fan compensation. :cheers:
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Biff,

You know that I second Stifler's comments. I try to use your picks as often as possible. More important than your picks is your philosophy that more plays is not better.

Keep up the good work! :beerbang:

Go Rangers! :beerbang: :beerbang:

Murph

Comment

Thanks Murph! :thumbs:

Now I know nothing is over especially in the 4th inning, but Mariners are a little more stable than Detroit, and Rupe is looking at coming in (mop-up man) after Millwood gives up 7 runs. Wow talk about an off night for him, it appears THE 3K HEX lives on!! :bang:

...just updating the record.

--

May ML = (5-2) +$990
            May RL = (0-1) -$345
            May O/U = (1-1) +$0

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,490

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
            Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-06-2008, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X