• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Monday >>>

MLB YTD: 76-77, -28.35 Units

Getting one early...

Cubs +105 (Dempster) vs Reds
    Wrong team favoured...Reds blow again this year...their bats have been ice cold as of late...and it looks like teams have figured out hotshot Cuerto...after his first two dominating starts to begin his career, he has given up 20 runs in his last 4 starts, and was absolutely ripped a new one his last outing. Dempster is Mr. Reliable so far this year. Nice spot for Chicago to get back into the win column, IMO....especially as a dog.

Also looking at 2 other road dogs in Boston and Texas on Monday & an Oakland Under...

...and on another note...how about that Toronto pitching staff
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-04-2008, 11:15 PM.

Orioles/A's UNDER 9 -130 (Listed)
    Two bigtime under teams (22-39-3 between them). Two lefties on the hill, who I think pitch well tonight. Olsen had an ERA under 2 in Triple-A this year, and looked great in his first start in the majors against a pretty good hitting club in TB. Eveland has been solid all year, but is coming off his worst start of the year, however that was on the road against a good hitting club in LAA, who just kill lefties. I think he bounces back at home against the O's, and Olsen pitches well against the A's who struggle against lefties (.233)...keeping this one under the number. I don't expect either of these 2 starters to necessarily go deep into the game either, but both teams have top 10 bullpens...hopefully keeping a late over from hitting.

2 Units
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-05-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Rangers +120 (Millwood) vs Mariners
      Not sure why this isn't a pick'em? Texas has quietly played some good ball recently, taking 2 of 3 from MIN, KC & OAK coming into this 4-gamer. Seattle has been the coldest team in the AL losing 5 straight and 9 of 11. The Seattle bats have been MIA, and seem to only be able to hit lefties anyway. Washburn doesn't have the stuff to win a 3-2 type game. I'll take the hotter team as a dog.

2 Units
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-05-2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Mets/Dodgers OVER 8.5 -125/-112 (Perez)
        Real surprised I could get 8.5 here with some of the hottest bats in MLB. The Dodgers have been on a tear the past 2 weeks, and just kill lefties...bad news for a struggling Perez. Billingsley also hit or miss, so I expect the Mets to get a few runs as well.

3 Units
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-05-2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Mets/Dodgers OVER 8.5 -125 (Perez)
          Real surprised I could get 8.5 here with some of the hottest bats in MLB. The Dodgers have been on a tear the past 2 weeks, and just kill lefties...bad news for a struggling Perez. Billingsley also hit or miss, so I expect the Mets to get a few runs as well.

2 Units
          NBL - JML. Just wondering why you would take the -125 juice on 8.5 when you can play a safe -104 on 9.
          If the final comes in at 8 you would lose 21.00 juice whereas if you played the 9 at -104 you'd lose only $4.00 juice.
          If it hits on 9 granted you would win, but if you played the 9 you push and save the grief. :bang:
          Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

Yeah...MM, you're probably right....I guess I just like to buy into/out of what I think is the key number of 9 with baseball totals....a ton of games land exactly on that number...

Adding...

DBacks -156 (Scherzer)
            vs Phillies
            Didn't cap this one....but if the books have a 23 year old kid, who is making his first start in the majors a -150 fave, against what is perceived to be a top NL opponent...they must think he is pretty f'ing good. From his line in his only appearance this year (relief), I'd have to agree. Zona also hits lefties well...

2 Units

Comment

Red Sox -118 (Dice-K) vs Tigers
              Should have bought this early as a pick'em, but I was still working it out...decided it's the right play. GL.

2 Units

Comment

phillies actually struggle quite a bit against pitchers they have never faced before.

Comment

I like the Cubs pick, I was scratching my balls trying to figure out why they weren't favored.
                  2009 NCAA Football
                  Record: 41-38-1
                  +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
                  Record: 11-14-0
                  +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
                  Record: 15-15-2
                  +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Like the Rangers a lot... like most of those plays in fact, just not the Sox. Good Luck today JML. :thumbs:
                    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Thanks guys...

Adding a late one...

Angels -130 (Santana)
                      vs Royals
                      Santana having a great year, and looks to have fixed his road woes this year with a 3-0 record with an ERA under 4 away from Anaheim. Tomko a journeyman veteran hanging on and underwhelming...he's been rocked 3 starts in a row, and I expect another one tonight. Home field advantage? LAA 10-5 on the road this year, and it's the first game of a trip. KC is 5-7 at home this year.

2 Units
                      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-05-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X