~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 3rd ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 3rd ~~

Well, despite trashing the Cubs yesterday I'm going to ride them today. I think it's safe to say Pinella is going to do what it takes to win today and change the momentum of his team. He's seasoned enough to know a cold streak is on the verge of starting with these two late inning losses. Cardinals are high flying with this franchise-best start they've had and now have Lohse who signed with the team half way through spring training to be an inning eater on the mound. I think that's what they are going to look to do with him again today with Izzy having a bad outing last night. Marmol should be back on the list today for Lou, and trust me if the game is close or the Cubs have the lead he'll be in there. No Ramirez today at third and Soriano is back at leadoff, but if there was ever a day for Soriano to have success it's today with his history of Lohse from both AL & NL. I just hope he catches the damn ball today... the more I think about the chances of him blowing a catch in three consecutive days the more I start to think twice, but I'm taking the better team, better starter, better pen (for today) in a rivalry game at -110. Hope my logic doesn't get the better of me. I also like the Diamondbacks for a low scoring win, but with those two offenses, it's rarely worth it unless you are getting 9. Good Luck today. :th:

MAY 3rd

CHICAGO CUBS -110

*RISKING $330 to win $300

--

May ML = (3-0) +$1,005
    May RL = (0-0) +$0
    May O/U = (0-1) -$300

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,550

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

nice one

Comment

CUBS EXPLOSION! :beerbang:

Thanks Daws. Now I know you aren't going to like this, but I got TWO more plays tonight... and I'm laying some extra in both of them!! Stupid... maybe... but I gotta play em like I see em. Wish me luck man. :thumbs:

Next I'm going with the hungry Cameron-ized offense against Backe and that Houston pen. Milwaukee has improved on the road so far this year, game dropped to a pick'em and I had to snatch it up after having my eye on it all day.

Making a trip to the Coliseum tonight, so I'm off early to the BBQ. A's are the #1 scoring team in the early innings in the AL. I'll take that with the way Gaudin has been throwing against Murray who should get knocked around or toss walks. Looking for an Adenhart type showing tonight. Good Luck tonight.

MILWAUKEE BREWERS -105

*RISKING $315 TO WIN $300

OAKLAND ATHLETICS -½ [1st 5 INN.] (-115)

*RISKING $345 TO WIN $300

Comment

i guess i'll let it slide:thumbs:

Comment

Talk about jinxing myself. :beer2:

One bad inning in Houston, and a bad start tonight for the A's who brought some weak bats against new guy Murray... the guy had mediocre stuff at best and topped out at 85 mph. One thing they need to do is sit Frank. This guy is just not scaring anybody right now. Sweeney needs to be the DH against RHP and give Frank some time vs LHP when Sweeney moves to 1st for Barton.

Rough way to finish the day. Back at it Sunday.

--

May ML = (4-1) +$990
          May RL = (0-1) -$345
          May O/U = (0-1) -$300

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,190

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--

Comment

Nice call on the Cubbies, Biff. I do not think they hit a fly ball to Soriano all day. A fortuitous occurance. I am fading them today. Good luck today buddy.
            NBA: 9-15, 31%
            NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
            MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
            NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
            NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
            TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
            PLAYOFFS: 4-1
            NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
            SIDES: 102-68, 60%
            BOWLS: 16-13
            TOTALS: 0-0