~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 2nd ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - MAY 2nd ~~

I was as close as I could be to pulling the trigger on the Marlins, but that line looked waaay to easy and it got easier as the day went on. Something fishy there, so we'll see how that one pans out. As for my first play, there's a difference between the Cards and the Cubs. Both are off to good starts, but is the Cards who have been playing all around good baseball. This Cubs team used their offense to get off to a hot start, but Pinella doesn't have his finger on the pulse of his team right now. This team has the talent, but I don't think they are being managed effectively, and that usually leads to a cold streak to make them realize this. I think Wainwrights career numbers against the Cubs are keeping this line low, and I have to bite. Adam has been very very good out tossing a CG last time out only being beat up by Berkman. Hill is coming off of a 9 day rest skipped start, and it's not to give him rest, it's because he's walking guys. Cubs pen is kinda shaky outside of Marmol, and I'm reading that he's off tonight. Soriano is leading off again.... all systems go for this one. :thumbs:

I got a total that I've gotta double check with a local source before I make the play, and I am leaning towards the Diamondbacks heavily tonight as well.

MAY 2nd

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -110

*RISKING $330 to win $300

--

May ML = (2-0) +$705
    May RL = (0-0) +$0
    May O/U = (0-0) +$0

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,550

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
    I was as close as I could be to pulling the trigger on the Marlins, but that line looked waaay to easy and it got easier as the day went on. Something fishy there, so we'll see how that one pans out. As for my first play, there's a difference between the Cards and the Cubs. Both are off to good starts, but is the Cards who have been playing all around good baseball. This Cubs team used their offense to get off to a hot start, but Pinella doesn't have his finger on the pulse of his team right now. This team has the talent, but I don't think they are being managed effectively, and that usually leads to a cold streak to make them realize this. I think Wainwrights career numbers against the Cubs are keeping this line low, and I have to bite. Adam has been very very good out tossing a CG last time out only being beat up by Berkman. Hill is coming off of a 9 day rest skipped start, and it's not to give him rest, it's because he's walking guys. Cubs pen is kinda shaky outside of Marmol, and I'm reading that he's off tonight. Soriano is leading off again.... all systems go for this one. :thumbs:

I got a total that I've gotta double check with a local source before I make the play, and I am leaning towards the Diamondbacks heavily tonight as well.

MAY 2nd

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -110

*RISKING $330 to win $300

--

May ML = (2-0) +$705
    May RL = (0-0) +$0
    May O/U = (0-0) +$0

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $32,550

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--

GL on the cards tonight! one of my picks also :beerbang:

Comment

Talked to a friend in Denver and he's saying they got 30 mph winds coming in from the north, with gusts up to 60 mph. Feels like it's 30 degrees outside and your hands go numb in about 5 minutes w/o gloves on. Two good pitchers on the mound, and with an arctic wind blowing in from center, that means pitchers will be that much better and hits will fall that much shorter. Number clicked off the key nine early, and is asking for some over money, but they ain't going to get it. I thought about the first 5 innings, but when that hot sun goes down, the bats tend to only get colder. For my 2nd play of the night...

DODGERS/ROCKIES - UNDER 8½ (+100)

*RISKING $300 TO WIN $300
      Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-02-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Wow... the shortest leash I have ever seen. Well not really 4 walks is horrid... Hill gone in the 1st. :beer2:

I played it as Wainwright/Action like I do all my plays cause I wasn't even sure he'd make it to the mound with his control issues.

One thing is for sure, Pinella isn't messing around tonight.
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-02-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Good luck Biff. Hill just got pulled after 2/3rds of an inning. He walked 4 guys. Its not over by any means but the Cubs are going to have to drain their bullpen.
          NBA: 9-15, 31%
          NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
          MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
          NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
          NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
          TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
          PLAYOFFS: 4-1
          NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
          SIDES: 102-68, 60%
          BOWLS: 16-13
          TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
          NCAAF: Purdue
          NCAABB: Purdue
          NFL: Tampa Bay
          NBA: Orlando Magic
          MLB: Cubbies

Comment

Biff,

I'm a huge Cubs fan, but I'm tailing you on this one. As I'm writing this, Hill just got yanked in the first inning after surrendering 4 BB's.....and they were not because of a bad strike zone. He is missing BAD.

I think he's headed to Iowa in the morning.

Good luck,

Murph

Comment

Big Moe... :thumbs:

Murph... :thumbs:

I really hope I'm not kicking myself later for not taking the 1st 5 in the Rockies game. Rockies have fallen apart in the 6th, and walks + some small ball has gotten the Dodgers the lead. 2 outs, but Redman is coming in. :bang:

Comment

AS I SPEAK A 3 RUN BOMB BY FURCAL. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Weather really calmed down in the past inning... damn Colorado weather changes every hour. Just a bad call on my part to not take the 1st 5 innings. That one is going to sting for awhile.

Cards blow their lead in the 9th... I might be doomed tonight.
                Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 05-02-2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Not to worry Biff. The Cubs lost. I knew when they tied it in the 9th that thye were not going to win the game. Did you watch the game? Soriano's defensive performance was an embarrassment.
                  NBA: 9-15, 31%
                  NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
                  MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
                  NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
                  NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
                  TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
                  PLAYOFFS: 4-1
                  NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
                  SIDES: 102-68, 60%
                  BOWLS: 16-13
                  TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
                  NCAAF: Purdue
                  NCAABB: Purdue
                  NFL: Tampa Bay
                  NBA: Orlando Magic
                  MLB: Cubbies

Comment

Yeah those two plays tonight were much worse than last night in my opinion. Shame they don't really have anywhere else to put him... might start seeing some work at the two bag again?? With Pinella's short temper right now, it's possible. His HR in the 9th is why they won't take his bat out of the lineup no matter how bad things get. Glad the Cards hung tough after Izzy's breakdown.

Comment

Working...
                    X