X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Wednesday >>>

MLB YTD: 66-72, -36.01 Units

Pirates/Mets OVER 9 -101 (Action)
    Pittsburgh continues to be a huge over team (18-8), have a struggling pitcher on the hill, and one of the worst bullpens in MLB. Mets hit lefties well (.296), and should be able to score throughout the afternoon. Oliver Perez also hit or miss, getting hit hard 2 of his 5 starts this year.

Mariners RL -125 (Washburn) vs Indians
    I find it hard to believe Lee can keep up this pace, so why not make a play against him here against a Mariners team 2nd in the majors in hitting against lefties? Washburn has been solid himself all year, and this has the makings of a low scoring game, so I'll take the free run and the M's.

Padres/Phillies UNDER 9.5 -108 (Listed)
    Chris Young a stud, and without one bad outing in LA, has been dominant, keeping teams to the usual 2 runs or less in every other start. Old man Moyer has also been solid every start this year. These are 2 under pitchers, and both lineups do not hit lefties well...Philly 26th at .228, and SD a major league worst .179!!

Angels -138 (Santana) vs A's
    Here's another team that kills lefties, with the Angels leading mlb with a .321 average. Smith did pretty good against them last night (although he lost by 2), but can they hold the Halos bats in check against another lefty tonight? Angels are 4-1 against lefties this year, and I see another win tonight...especially with Santana on the hill, who has been great all year, and is always dominant at home (LAA 27-10 in Santanas last 37 home starts).

2 Units Each

GL :beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-30-2008, 10:20 AM.

Twins -135 (Blackburn) vs Chisox
    Tailing Biff...

2 Units

Comment

Hope we cash this one Johnny. Blackburn was leaving them up in the first. I can remember the last time he got 3 pop/fly ball outs in a inning. I've watched 3-4 of his starts this year. Hope he snaps into form. He's been much better at home, and the Twins got that run back so he should. Good Luck with the rest of your card. :thumbs:
      "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        Oliver Perez also hit or miss,
        :hide:

Comment

I actually like the plays (well, except Seattle) but anyway, I just wanted to point out that Philly's avg vs LHP is sort of irrelevant since Young is a RHP, lol

I know you knew that....just busting your balls.

GL :thumbs:

Comment

yeah...guess I was fading so many teams against lefties today, I threw in Philly's average with SD's! lol. But imagine if he was a lefty? He'd be a great version of Hendrickson. lol.

As for Seattle...yeah, it's more of a play against Lee's insane start..I doubt he has an 0.28 ERA in September, lol...this is the same guy who's been average to bad the past 2 years, and he will obviously come back to the pack very soon....why not tonight against Seattle and a huge number? I think the number is way over-priced b/c of his insane start...I sure wouldn't lay -180 with him against a pretty good hitting team and a good starter. I see a 3-2, 4-3 type game, so I'm liking the extra run. Cleveland's bats haven't exactly been hot either.

Thanks...GL...
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-30-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I just think Washbum is crap, and the Tribe bats break out against him tonight.

+170 for Seattle (as you said, a quality team) looks WAY TOO JUICY to me. To the point where i'd feel like a sucker for taking it, IF it loses, LOL

I took CLE, and i'll feel like a dumbass for laying -190 if that one loses, but it reminds me of the huge mismatch between Hamels and Maddux last night that was similarly priced, and i kicked myself for not taking, cause i would have been all over that at -150 or less, but the price scared me off a relatively easy winner.

Comment

4-3 tribe win, Stif...4-3 Tribe win :thumbs: lol. Just funny you're on a huge fave, and I'm backing a RL dog on a fade against the hottest starter in baseball...
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-30-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Had a good afternoon, so I'm making an ingame play on the Jays....I was reluctant to play them again...but the value with a guy like McGowan was to much, and he looks great through 3....and if they won and I was not on them I'd be pissed....small play cause I'm watching...

Jays +130 vs Red Sox

1 Unit

Comment

Angels RL +138 vs A's

1 UNit

Comment

Finally a good day...updating...

MLB YTD: 71-74, -30.85 Units

Comment

Working...
                      X