X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Tuesday AL East >>>

MLB YTD: 65-70, -33.51 Units

Tigers/Yankees OVER 10 +100 (Listed)
    Two good offences...two horrible starters...number has been dropping since the opener...likely b/c Arod is doubtful...but there are still plenty of quality bats to hammer these 2 stiffs...

Rays -113 (Hammel) vs Orioles
    TB playing great...Hammel solid, Orioles called up a AAA starter who was rocked last year

Jays -107(Halladay) vs Red Sox
    The only time Halladay is a pick'em or a dog is usually against another #1 guy...we get a pick'em against Lester, who's been consistantly been giving up runs all year.

2 Units Each
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM.

Hughes isn't a stiff.... I think that kid will come around. Not so sure Ian Kennedy is going to blossom though. His stuff just isn't that good. Still they are young, who knows they make go Ankiel style. Good Luck today. :thumbs:
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

GL JML :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
        Hughes isn't a stiff....
        yeah...he'll be a good pitcher eventually, Biff...I agree, but his MLB stats right now say he's a stiff. It's that black and white. If you have an 2008 ERA of 8, and an ERA of 11 over your last three, that makes you a stiff in my books. When the opponent OBP is .416, that's a stiff. If your team is 1-4 in your starts, thats a stiff. A 1.96 WHIP? Stiff. He should really be in triple-A, IMO...as getting hammered like this is doing nothing for his development.

I think the Tiger bats will be able to tag him for at least 4 ERs...add that to the Yanks bats facing old man Gambler, and the bullpens, and hopefully the over hits...

GL :beerbang:

Comment

Looks like another rough one....Tigers/Yanks score 8 runs in 3 1/3 innings, and no runs the rest of the way...lol....Halladay pitches another gem, his 4th straight CG, Bosox only got the ball into the outfield twice until the ninth, but the Jays bats get shut down by Lester (props to him!). Pedroia also made an unbelievable play on a hot shot up the middle in the ninth that would have been a go-ahead single by Wells too...lol...Jays are finding a way to lose....I'd play Halladay at a pick'em against Lester in that situation every day however...

Adding...

Angels -134 (Saunders)
          vs A's

2 Units

GL! :thumbs:

Comment

So if a team is 2-4 when a certain pitcher starts, does that make him a stiff?

Just kidding ya, JML. Doc just can't get a break...
            Last edited by Angelus; 04-29-2008, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
              Doc just can't get a break...
              This is the first time I've lost with him all season, played him a ton the past couple seasons. Been picking my spots, & thought tonight he had great value. Thinking of chasing him to get the Jays a win now.....hopefully the line in his next start will be reasonable...
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
              X